Thread: How to create installation package of application in visual basic 6.0

How to create installation package of application in visual basic 6.0

I was developing a desktop application in that I need to create an application executable file. I’m using visual basic 6.0 developing tool for developing my project. Well I search for it in the help file but I dint get anything the information they are providing is not much accurate. I had tried to use dll which is used from the dll which in turn look for the MassImport[1].msi and later on it get cancel please help me regarding this issue.

Re: How to create installation package of application in visual basic 6.0

You can easily create a stand alone exe for your application rather than running your own software in the IDE for that you just need to follow the few steps. Open the project in ide and then go to file in that just select the make which will prompt you the name. You can even save the exe file location according to you and then you whole project will be compile after it get completed it will take you the folder where you had save that file.

You first need to make an executable file for your project which will be done by the vb6 ide after that for creating an installation package you just need to go to installation package and from there just install the entire important component to make your program run on the different computer. You can easily do this with the help of package and development wizard which you will get in a start menu located in the same folder where the visual basic is stored.

I’m using it and the deployment package is also working good but I usually get a request for the MassImport[1].msi when ever I’m trying to run my software. I was trying to get the file from the previous installation package. I had few computers which are connected to the internet and even the uncertain file had being downloaded on it. I don’t know whether it had being attack by an malware as it mostly run for 24 hours. Please suggest me.

Well I had install the same pack in my windows 7 and its working smoothly, I had installed it in two pc 1st one is a public pc but most of the people don’t know it. In that I was having windows xp it was easily compile in the windows98 too. But now I had put it in the playout machine. I was searching for adding the icon in the exe file in which I’m not getting the option for it during the compilation time. Hope this will going to help you a lot.

Make sure that while making an installation package the package and the deployment wizards should not be perfect. As it will going to create the package that usually miss the files and which are needed to run your software. If so you can try it by running the application in the interface where the visual basic development tool is not installed or you can try to create it again and then run that application on different machine.