Thread: While transferring MP3 with another computer ID3 tags get disappear.

While transferring MP3 with another computer ID3 tags get disappear.

Hello, Everyone, I recently purchased a new computer and was enjoy the transferring of file from my former laptop with my brand new computer and was now happy of leaving my old computer and I found that most of the file specially MP3 was not able to transfer and means while use to get lot it during transfer procedure from my windows XP professional edition with windows 7 Ultimate, and simply after trying different method was not able to continue with the procedure, and even after trying many method which Google search have direct me toward, no effective solution comes out, and addition to that I had also deleted all the MP3 file which are there in the New PC and even after that also they are visible on WMP, All thing are going round and round, and problem are keep increase with every step, now I am totally lost and finding now way out, so I think anyone over here have the idea to fix this error, please help me. Thanks

Re: While transferring MP3 with another computer ID3 tags get disappear.

Don’t need to think that it is too much big issue and cannot be solved, it can be solved or I can say I like this error can be fixed with Mp3tag and it is a completely freeware tag editor and after installing it you have go in tools then in Option and there you can see a option of Tags and then select Mpeg and please confirm that ID3v1 and ID3v2 are marked and allowed to read and also write under both, and than simply leave APE unmarked under both and verify that ID3v2.3 UTF-16 has also been marked. And then simply proceed with the transfer procedure.

At the time of tagging a MP3 file most probably you are provided with two categories of tags (ID3v1 and ID3v2) and major problem here is iTunes makes use of ID3v2.4 tags and same in the opposite WMP uses ID3v2.3 tags. And at the time of using iTunes for modifying the ID3 format it use to come up with ID3v2.4 tags and as usual WMP and windows Explorer are not compatible for reading the ID3v2.4 tags, so it used to occur it used to read ID3v1 tag instead. And addition to this ID3v1 tags are too much older than the attached field length, so that why the file are still visible in the system and even have all character even after it has been deleted.

You should try out with any two different USB mass storage units, and an external Hard Drive and can also try a pen-drive to carry out the transfer process. You can also try by zipping the files just before transferring the file with new computer. As this are all the alternative option in my knowledge which can work out for you, as in normal transferring process you are facing problem. And if by trying this you are not able to transfer file till yet then please for another expert to talk on this issue.

As the same error has been faced by one of my friend before some days and he also was totally confused on this problem, then my cousin have told him to try iTunes for combining the songs with new files of MP3 and after that proceed with the transfer procedure and this might works for him, and this usually happen when some music file have some error on existing system and while transfer of those corrupted file, this error comes up, as this trick had worked for him, so I am suggesting that to you, no technical issue behind this is clear yet.

First you should try removing WMP DATA base, as simply with uninstall it from the system and for temporary iTunes also as while updating tags both of them can create a major problem and while using them together its most probably creates the errors, so my suggestion is neither use WMP or iTunes for playing your music file and better your MediaMonkey, as it much better option and has been equipped with more function than WMP and iTunes player.

For getting rid of this problem you have to Load some Mp3 files into Mp3tag and after that save it also, as will modify the ID3v2.4 tags back to ID3v2.3 tags. As during you are in there you may need to check many other different fields to verify that they are correct. Stick with ID3v2.3 tags particularly if you have an Mp3 player than it will be the better for you. And if you still have problem even after try all above methods including this one and nothing works for you then please post here with further errors.