Thread: How to send email notification program in Visual C++

How to send email notification program in Visual C++

I was developing the project in visual c++ where I need to include the code which will send an email notification. I had made a bit search on MSDN.com which provide a sample code but seems it’s not working and hence giving an fatal error c1021 invalid command using and says the compiler cant able to recognize the system namespace for using namespace System::Web::Mail; does anyone know what maybe the problem in it.

Re: How to send email notification program in Visual C++

I had search for it on the MSDN website they say that #using is an directive which is used to managed the extension in t he c++ and for this reason it required an visual studio 2003 and even .net. You will another code too from the MSDN. I want to ask wether it will going to work on visual studio 6.0 and how to reference to there dll please help me regarding. Any suggesting regarding this will be highly appreciated thanks in advanced.

Just search for it on the net for the appropriate software your using for building your project. There are many ways in which emails can be managed in the visual c++ platform depend upon what your achievement you need on it. You should make a search on net for how to make email work on the project using the SMTP. If you are currently having a Microsoft outlook then you can easily mechanize it in your program and get the things done.

Even I was searching for the program for the email which sends email from the c++ program. I’m not having the MS-OUTLOOK. Can I make a use of MFC? I’m not having it, I’m using win32 api. I’m having the two problem I can’t able to compile my program it shows an linker error does I need to provide some more library to make it work ? and I was trying to send an attachment in the email but when I try the address in an MIME format is broken. Can anyone help me regarding this?

Even I was persisting with the same issue. I’m getting an error when I’m trying to call to recv ( ) reply: 0-0. I was trying to configure my project that will going to send me an email when my hard disk is not function well and when it is trying to send a message it gives an error. I had made a search on the net regarding this and even tried many things but cant able to fix my problem. Can anyone suggest me the code and the modification that should be made to fix it.

You may try this will definitely going to work for you. You just need to Dig out the sender domain as well as do a DNS lookup of MX record for this you just need to open CMD the use the below code
    Code:
    nslookup -"set type=MX" <domain>
    for example
    nslookup -"set type=MX" hotmail.com
    After typing this, you will be going to get a list of mail servers. And you easily put into practice for DNS lookups by yourself or you can even make a use of DNS library. You must search for the DNS API in the MSDN.