Thread: Need help with url rewrite on my website

Need help with url rewrite on my website

I have a different issue with my website. I have to use url rewrite function as an project work. But I had not worked on this before. I am confused with the operation here. I want to know the point behind this work and how to make it proper. Does this will create any kind of severe effect on website if it is not implement properly. Also what is the point in doing this. What will be the effect of the same on a regular website.

Re: Need help with url rewrite on my website

I have a different issue with my website. I have to use url rewrite function as an project work. But I had not worked on this before. I am confused with the operation here. I want to know the point behind this work and how to make it proper. Does this will create any kind of severe effect on website if it is not implement properly. Also what is the point in doing this. What will be the effect of the same on a regular website.

I found that Google only indexes such pages. That is too when there are maximum of 2 parameters in the URL. With URL Rewriting search engine like Google and any search bot will be able to index dynamic pages. The principle in this is very simple. Now a site that uses URL Rewriting cannot be said that it is based on dynamic pages. And you can see clean urls which do not have any special characters. So by this no one is able to know about the dynamic pages.

I have some steps that are involved in this process. You will get a better help here. For that first check that your host allows the use of URL Rewriting. Mostly if you are in free service then you might not get this service. And that is reason you must go for paid subscription to get all the benefits. Here next you will need to Identify dynamic pages whose URL has parameters and then choose a new URL scheme. You will need to write the rewrite rules in the. Htaccess. Change all links to each file whose URL has changed. Update your site and verify everything.

The webmaster should change the way he wrote the links, according to rules that will fix itself. This is a technique used by webmasters to optimize the positioning of their websites with dynamic content. This content mostly belong to php/mysql. Dynamic pages are characterized by URL's complex, containing many variables and alphanumeric values, starting with usually by a question mark. Go for a detailed guide on url rewrite with videi support. That will be easier.

There are times when you need to optimize the links so that they are better indexed by search engines. The idea of url rewrite is quiet very simple. In this a website that uses URL Rewriting can generate clean links out of special characters. You can properly remove those special characters out of the links and make them proper. This is an necessary job from seo point of view. There is also an Open Source module called UrlRewritingNet. UrlRewrite which can help.