Thread: Syntax send to file in CMD

Syntax send to file in CMD

Hello all! I have some minor bit of problem and hope so you all will solve be able to solve it very easily. I just want to know the syntax for say sending a file. I was doing it previously back around four to five years. But I have forgotten the syntax so can someone please help me regarding the same. Can someone provide the command line for the same? Thank you in advance to all those who are replying over here.

Re: Syntax send to file in CMD

Oh my god how can you forget such simple thinghs once you have used it previously in your life. So any how I am providing you with the syntax.
    Code:
    ipconfig /all > <local drive>:\<document title.txt
    >
    You just have to mention it in your CMD the ipconfig /all followed by the path of the file. Good luck.

I guessed it right. I knew it was ipconfig like thing but was not sure about it. So I felt to ask for it over here as I use this forums quite offend. I also searched regarding it but dint find anything use full. But thanks for providing the reply but it’s not working for m. It is coming up with an error tell me that windows cannot find the ipconfig. So what’s wrong now? Hope you must know the error. Thanks again.

Yes I have got the error and it seems that you are using the computer after a vey a long time or else you have completely forgotten what to do where. After knowing the error you are going to kick yourself and laugh at yourself. Ok you have not gone to the CMD you are writing the ipconfig command in the run box. So better rewrite it in the CMD. I am laughing ha ha ha . because it was a very silly mistake by you.

Oh my God I even can believe that you made such a silly mistake. Run is different and CMD (command prompt) is different. As you have sighted the Run so now I will tell you how to get it to the CMD. You can simply write cmd in the RUN and hit enter or else you can navigate through start buttonProgramsAccessoriescommand prompt. And write the command over there your error will be solved.