Thread: Updates with jQuery 1.6.1

Updates with jQuery 1.6.1

I have been utilizing jQuery for a few years now, and the more I utilize it, the more I like and am grateful for it. It looks like I am all the time finding new ways to utilize it, and generally those new techniques result in me writing fewer code and eventually being more productive. On May 3, jQuery 1.6 was released; after that about instantly, on May 12, came a new patch for this main release called 1.6.1. So here I just want to update it. Anyone have any idea on this than please let me know.

Re: Updates with jQuery 1.6.1

The 6.1 release integrated a major change to the way jQuery handles traits, and many of people were distress regarding the change, as it had the possible to break previous code. But the jQuery team heard the gripes (disparate a certain huge company called Facebook), and reacted by fixing it, allowing you to go on by means of jQuery the way you had earlier, while as well permitting for a new means of using it with what are called properties.

Now 6.1 and 6.1.1 are out, I am just astonished the majority of us didn't even appreciate that the code we were writing had a small trouble with it. Think about the below HTML:

Code:
    <input id="check1" type="checkbox" checked="checked" />
    This code exhibits a checkbox on the page that's originally checked. In your JavaScript code, you can conclude the state of the checkbox at any time by seeming at the checked attribute. And in that lays the trouble.

This has all the time been helpful, but currently jQuery 1.6 takes it a step further: You can do the similar thing with members of an object, not just rudiments of an array. Initially, this might look somewhat odd, but the actual power is while people utilize an object as an associative array (as is normally done in JavaScript). Here's an instance where I am utilizing an object as an associative array, and utilize map () to insert just one member of every object into a new list.

I don't have more skilled with JQuery; all the time just needed to hear it but not at all actually wanted to learn it. I do countless JavaScript coding, all lacking jQuery. Can you split any of the "Tricks" with jQuery you stated? It will be extremely helpful for people like me that wish to learn jQuery fast. As for errors, yes, there are some "not so good" coding practices here and there, no big deal, I just been writing java script for too long time and spot ordinary mistakes right away. Not actually an error but you should just all the time use === and!== instead of == and!=.

Here I must say that it’s just Great, YES on all counts! You are absolutely right. What I am passing in is, actually, a solitary jQuery object which contains a list of orientations. For that matter, I am happy you brought that up, because it's simple for people new to jQuery to overlook that the call jQuery () or $() returns a solitary object that in itself might contain a list. And that, obviously, is how chaining like $('div').a ().b ().c () works.