Thread: cant able to install my sql getting a error template file cannot be found

cant able to install my sql getting a error template file cannot be found

Hello friends, I was trying to install MySQL 5.1.56 x64 with Web Platform Installer while installing it show an error stating Configuration template file cannot be found. I don’t know what is that template files. I had checked my log files at log.txt.file and mysql-5.1.56.x64.txt file but there is nothing much important. I don’t know which file is missing; don’t know which file is missing. I would be very much than full to the person who ever solve my problem.

Re: cant able to install my sql getting a error template file cannot be found

Even I’m having the same problem like when I’m clicking the command line it is asking me to enter password. As I don’t know the password so I had just tried to configure it. My problem start from here when I’m trying to execute the configuration file I come up with an error stating my -template.cnf is not found. Does anyone know how to persist from this problem?

Hello, I don’t know much about it but even I was facing the same problem but now mine is working. Its show template file cannot be found as *.cnf file get converted to *.ini filenames id you are using the newer window version. For this you just need to find my-template.ini file and place it into an appropriate directory were tour application is actually located or if u don’t get it then just go to c drive then in that search for WAMP and then go to mysql there you will get that file hope this will going to help you

Hello, if your still facing the problem then go to run in start menu and type regedit and then go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE then inside that go to Software there you will see mysql server 5.0 which is in mysql the key value i.e. the path like E:\Program files\mysql\mysql server 5.0\ is the path of the my-template.ini" file path which is and directory path of an installation of mysql. This will definitely help you a lot.

My sql usually use at least one configuration file from my sql and even cascade style sheet for configuration. If you have more than one file in the particular path then this may cause a UN usual behavior. Mostly my.cnf will be found at /etc/my.cnf or /etc/mysql/my.cnf but I’m not confirm if it works with the 5 x version. You can even found it in the location $HOME/.my.cnf . The Ubuntu eg will also give you ability to add option through directory.