Thread: Classic ASP’s URL Rewrite

Classic ASP’s URL Rewrite

I am new to the ASP and I need some help form you all people so that I can get my problem solved easily. I am a student and I want to know about the URL Re writing with Classic ASP. I have never ever used the Re writing before. So give the response accordingly. I have no idea about the rewrite method. So please someone out here help me out. Thank you to all and all replies would be appreciated.

Re: Classic ASP’s URL Rewrite

Hello student! In Classic ASP we can generate a particular 404-page, not the standard one. But for that we need a lot of re-programming of the shopping cart. The supplementary method is to purchase a ISAPI-app and do, only where we "write" urls. If the heave is in ASP.NET, you still require doing some re-programming, but it is simple to do the same. So be careful and best of luck for your ASP and carryon.

Wow I would say that it is wonderful and you do not need to be the hard coder for learning the Classic ASP. I am also not the good coder but I find it way easy to build the simple dynamic web sites and you should also use this and learn it. But you need to be careful because you will find very less fresh posts regarding the classic ASP. To learn you should not depend on any one and use internet for learning the same.

I would say that URL re writing is a two sided coin. The method one is very simple, means if you are mapping the static pages then it is very simple and method two is tough i.e if you are mapping the dynamic then you may get the night mares in the starting but it will be all right once you get use to it. So I would say that be in touch of the Classic ASP because who knows it may earn money for you in the near future.

Ok thank you all of you who gave me the valuable advice. I have got some knowledge what the URL re writing does for us, I will surely search on the net and find it out more and more about it. And will also remember about the important knowledge you all gave to me. I am bit new to the ASP but I am having strong feeling that soon I am going to master it because I am going to make carrier in the programming world.