Thread: installation error: Visual C# 2008 Express setup defaults to Maintenance Mode

installation error: Visual C# 2008 Express setup defaults to Maintenance Mode

Hello to all, I’m trying to install Visual C# 2008 Express and after repeated uninstall the setup had default to Maintenance Mode don’t know what’s wrong with it whenever I’m trying to uninstall the setup goes back to Maintenance Mode but the option of uninstall which is still there. I had even tried to install Visual C# 2008 Express SP1 ENU which is also not getting install. I’m using window vista is there any solution for it kindly share and thanks in advance.

Re: installation error: Visual C# 2008 Express setup defaults to Maintenance Mode

Hi, even I was having the same problem .just try to install both the web install and even standalone ISO then install your Visual C# 2008 Express with the required file and even Visual C# 2008 Express SP1 after that just store the directory with three file with no exe etc. this had really help me to solve my problem. But now I’m getting the issue with XNA 3.1, it is installing but there is no directory created for it, can anyone tell me what maybe the cause of this problem.

Re: installation error: Visual C# 2008 Express setup defaults to Maintenance Mode

Hi, after I had installed a program called XVid which is used for video converter due to which I’m not able to open my projects I got an error. I had reinstalled it but fail as .net 3.5sp1 was not installed. The error message stating that Visual C# 2008 Express SP1 ENU could not be installing. I had even search for the directory for Visual C# 2008 Express on standalone install disc but its not there. After installing everything without an error there is no directory for it.

Hi, according the information provide by you i had search for it , .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 doesn’t work with vista you have to do this manually on windows vista. To do so manually first install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 in your system after try to install Visual Studio 2010 and regarding uninstall option you must use add/remove programs from control panel to uninstall it because some cleaning toll may damage other software in your system. This information may help you a lot.

Hello, before I was using Visual C++, I had upgraded my computer to window 7 X32 and had even install .net 3.5sp1 successfully and Visual C# 2008 Express can be seen in add/remove programs. I had uninstall Visual C++ from add/remove and now when I try to run C# 2008 Express SP1 ENU which is already being install gives and error message stating is not installed properly I had install C# 2008 Express SP1 ENU through web installation. Does anyone have any solution for it? Please share it.