Thread: Want to make forum without MySQL.

Want to make forum without MySQL.

Hello friends am not a hard coder but I can code a bit, this does not mean that I am fully dumb in this, I know just a bit it. Ok forget that I am recently working on one project. First I felt this project was very strange to work on, but I also found it challenging so currently am working on it. It is a forum which does not contain MySql in it. Is this ok? What can be the advantages of it?

Re: Want to make forum without MySQL.

Hey my dear friend do not under estimate yourself. I don’t think you are a noob in the coding because you are working on really difficult project and I can say that you love challenges. And according to me it will be a good idea to create such a thing. You can refer many free hosts available on the internet they mostly follow these kind of approach. And this is possible. So all the best for this project. Do well and all the best.

Hey I have not heard of it any of the time. I am new to the programming industry. I am a student and learning the coding and all sorts of things. Till now I was under the impression that everything needed some of the other kind of database and this question completely shocked me. I will be following these questions and try to find out about it. And if I get the answer I will surely post it over here. As I am interested in this things.

Hello to all from my bottom of my heart. I think you are doing interesting project. And I would say that it is good idea to store the information in the text documents instead of placing it in the database. You would enjoy it at the start and will be excited about it but as and when your data will increase you will find everything much messy in the environment. You will find very very difficult to handle the file system.

Yes a forum without database will bring you the nightmares and will take off yours and the all the project team members sleep. For example consider you need to search the certain topic from 500 pages book without index. This is just for example do stick around the database as using the database will be good and your data will also be safe giving you all the nice sleep. So do not messy up the things and keep it straight and simple.

I don’t think there will be much advantages of using the forum without the MySql. It’s completely the bad idea to do such things. Let me bring to your notice that about 97% of the forums have the MySql database along with them. So my opinion is also the same you should go with the database. Because without database things will just slow down and difficult to handle. There are also easy chances of it being get hacked.

Its sounds good that you are trying out the new thing which is not being used to a great extend in the market. And many people who do not understand coding/database etc will just tell you to keep it on the file system as they do not have much knowledge about it. As you are a programmer you can imagine the amount of difficulties you will face. But still if you want to go without database than let me tell you that flat files will be more prone to the corruption, hacking , messy results and slow process.