Thread: Text in td tag is not aligning in center in asp.net?

Text in td tag is not aligning in center in asp.net?

Hi everyone I am stuck with a simple problem but am not able to solve it on my own so I need someone to help me out of this or jus provide some hint so that I can work over it. My problem is I am using visual studio and in that am trying to make a website in asp.net and am using a table in it now in that I have some rows and some column and the text in one of the cell is not aligning to center in IE6 and rest of the text in other td are proper and the code is running properly in all other browser then what’s wrong?

Re: Text in td tag is not aligning in center in asp.net?

Hey friend if all the other tags are working properly I don’t understand what’s wrong with that tag jus cross check your tags once again I think its jus some typing or coding error when you must be switching to view in different browsers. I am saying this because you said all the other tags are working properly in ie6 I don’t think then there should be problem with any one of the tag only try to go through your coding once again hope you make out where you went wrong.

Hello friend as I know IE has different logic of recognizing the tags then all the other browsers so it has some different code parts sometime then all the rest of the browser but in your case you are saying that only one tag is not working then I don’t think it’s a problem of a browser or so it must be your mistake can you have a glance to your code and see if you might have typed in something by mistake by pressing some keys around and if not that try by saving your code and then restart your visual studio and then write the code again .

Using so many tags would off course confuse you and would increase a chance of error in your coding so using a long code by defining align center to all the td tag why do you use the CSS for this. Make all your td tags have the same class and then make a CSS code once for that class and it would be automatically done to all your td tags with that class using CSS is always a better option try using it and I hope that would solve your problem.

Using CSS would be the better option so that you don’t make silly mistakes one code is not working and rest of the same tags are working in the browser don’t actually make the sense so I think you must go with CSS coding and if you don’t know CSS there are some sites which provide you with an online learning of CSS like w3school and all I have used it and have solved my silly problems many time I think it would help you out to. And I can understand that you must be having the problem with the IE browsers as it is very case sensitive for developing point of view you would face problems while have background images to but right now I think CSS would make you get rid of this situation.