Thread: Which CMS is best for News site?

Which CMS is best for News site?

What would CMS would you utilize for a news site? I extreme dislike Joomla and in addition I would like to add a resource area/directory consequently I don’t think Wordpress would be a superior choice. Is it most excellent to utilize 2 CMS and link them e.g. one for the directory and one for the news segment? Or am I just being excessively complicated. I am fairly happy coding HTML (other than not a coder) I have simply done 3 Joomla jobs; the first was extremely painful however good pain as I got my head around it. Do you believe it’s the most excellent solution for what I am looking for?

Re: Which CMS is best for News site?

Hello I would suggest you to go with SNews. SNews is a totally free, normal acquiescent, PHP and MySQL driven Content Management System. SNews is particularly lightweight, easy and customizable. It's uncomplicated to install, and simple to utilize through a simple web interface. sNews consists of simply one core engine file, individual independent template file and its supplementary CSS stylesheet file, in addition an .ht access file that construct every URLs search engine friendly.

Hello I would suggest you to go with CuteNews. The CuteNews are superior to Joomla News/Magazine element (I’ve been stalking that site for so long and at the same time as development has been superior there are still featuring missing. CuteNews and Cutenews.ru moreover let you build news sites through ease and through capabilities precise to a news site. Check their sites for their mods similar to tag clouds and streaming news etc?
    http://cutephp.com/

Joomla and Wordpress are good, but no need to use them just because everyone says they are great and everything else is bad. I have Wordpress and Joomla sites but when I was looking for a kind of news added to a site, I found both lacking the features I wanted. So, why I had those three sites I mentioned the score. Indeed, after the news was IJoomla or magazine, but again, the back-end functions are missing. You can use the tools that work for you, not what others say they work for you.

Hi thanks for quick response to my query. It would be nice to make a copy of this with examples. If you know a site outside the box, Joomla does this, or hacked one, please do not share the site and what they were. As talk about, Joomla's most excellent News publishing is commencing IJoomla - either the magazine or the news module. Its functionality is currently inferior to some of the other CMS mentioned above. Is there any other component or module you mean?

By the time you finish you will not recognize the similarity. I use the template system to configure the structure (mods and extensions) and then go in and change the CSS to my liking. I've only added a further extension and that is the social network 'my ecopunch' link. I'm waiting for the full blown script that interacts with 'community builder. “Meanwhile, I am altering the design to go well with. Doing it this technique, I am able to save days within the time and able to completely remove the programmers of the equation.

Wordpress is alright and it approaches through many free themes. Joomla is for community driven news sites. If you plan resting on expanding within the future subsequently I would go through ModxCMS. I've tried them every part of and Modx is an extraordinary CMS. Presently released version 1.0 and it's going to be taking off. Ajax features, complete control on top of page designs (no template restrictions), and inside SEO built within. It’s all regarding design and not regarding the CMS.