Thread: Give some of the programming Language combinations for web server?

Give some of the programming Language combinations for web server?

I have heard there can be number of combination of different languages and database together to make a proper web server and well IIs +ASP.NET+MYSQL is one combination I know can you suggest me more? Please let me know about the other web server’s available and different databases with the languages? I have been searching for it I got different databases and languages but dint got any combination? So please help me?

Re: Give some of the programming Language combinations for web server?

The combination you have said is one of the better combinations and yes there are many combinations as with different platform and use different languages with different database software such as mysql , oracle ,apache ,access with java ,vb.net,C#.net ,Lamp any combination you can map according to its compatibility . Asking to different people would give you different views about different combinations are best and you would get confused. I think for a common purpose mysql + IIS + ASP.NET is one of the most handy and common and easy to be used.

Yes there are many I feel PHP and Oracle would be the best one as far as if you can deal with it both of them are one of the best technologies combining them would off course lead you to a very good combination , and same view with PHP and MYSQL . These are the technologies used to have a better designed and full fletched database and it has a complexity for the beginners in this field so if you are working with any beginners or so you have to keep in mind about your team also if you can manage with any platform then off course there are more combinations available.

Apache is a web server itself and it is worlds one of the most popular powerful and flexible web server. And it can be simply downloaded from internet and then install it on your personal computer and then you need to do settings and configure it to database scripting language and other setting can be done .And if you are using any webhost on your personal computer jus transfer the website your are developing on the apache server and test it because testing the server is very important.

Let me have some small description about some of the languages and servers. And hopefully it would make you select more combinations as your convenience and requirement.
    1) PHP – IT is an open source language and easily integrated with any other technologies it has many open source logic so reduces cost.
    2) ASP dot Net – It is an Microsoft product and needs license to be buyed.
    3) Java – Open source language and mostly used for enterprises level application development.
    4) Flash – Making either and animation website or have some animation effect on your website.
    5) JavaScript – It is scripting language use to make your website look very live and interactive.

DATABASE
    1) MySQL – It is open source database software well suited for web base application. PHP – MYSQL is a best combination of programming language and database.
    2) Microsoft SQL – It is database software from Microsoft.
    3) APACHE - The Apache HTTP Server Project is an effort to develop and maintain an open-source HTTP server for modern operating systems including UNIX and Windows NT.
    4) ACESS – It is an Microsoft product used for small database company and it is cheaper then mysql and oracle
    5) Oracle - Oracle Database is an object-relational database management system (ORDBMS) produced and marketed by Oracle Corporation.
    Now the combination must be selected as a company and firms setup some combinations can be very costly so and some can be very cheap but not suitable for big firms.