Thread: Beginners information on MySQL Workbench

Beginners information on MySQL Workbench

Does anyone has configured MySQL Workbench GUI 5.2.31a. I need some info based on the usage and functions of this tool. I want some help also with understanding in more detailed way about this tool. I had worked more on the older versions of sql and some ready to use tool also but talking about the relation database there is something which always lacks. You cannot get complete support with an error free configuration on the same. Thanks.

Re: Beginners information on MySQL Workbench

With you can Workbech Mysql Database Mysql design a simple way. You can create and edit objects such as tables, routines and views and visual representation on the screen to understand easily and efficiently work with database schemas complex and simple. This program is the successor of DBDesigner. Before installing MySQL WorkBench, you need to install. NET Framework 2.0. The tool is quite intuitive to use and better also. You can go through an tutorial guide for more help.

MySQL Workbench is an application for design and documentation of databases (successor to the application DBDesigner4) designed for use with the database management system MySQL (recently acquired by Sun Microsystems). There are two versions of the product, one is open source and the other is a commercial version. Obviously, the commercial version provides some functionality that may be of interest at some level, although the open source version is more than sufficient to carry out the practice.

There are versions for Windows, Linux and Mac should be borne in mind that for the last two systems are Beta versions. The tool could be used for an EER diagram, and that is its main function: first design the EER diagram, implementing it on the tool and from this diagram for the relational schema and the table creation statements, views and indexes automatically. So that makes your work quiet much easier while working on this.

I got some help to install the same on a Linux system which I want to share. I am using a ubuntu system and I had tried to configure the same. This tool is allows to design database in much easier way. For installing the same in linux you can use libctemplate0_0.91-1_i386.deb file. You will need to download this. For this the command is - $ sudo dpkg -i libctemplate0_0.91-1_i386.deb. Once done do the other settings and run the same on linux system.

For this there is something which you must remember all times that you will add tables and their properties, and obtain a relational schema diagram. And for doing this you will need to use a tool that really is aimed at creating ER diagrams limited. So here you are forced for some things but the tool permits the same. For the same you must dispense the concepts of conceptual modeling and focus on the relational model, although the tool works on the panel EER Diagrams. So in the relational model linking two tables is usually 1 to N and in some cases 1 to 1, but not N to N.