Thread: Difference between Turbo C and Borland C

Difference between Turbo C and Borland C

I am a college student and I am studying software field .But now a today I got assignment on turbo c and Borland c, but I can’t stand what is the different between the turbo c and the Borland . I have to submit this assignment very soon .The main problem is that I have no data on the Turbo c and Borland c .I request to all of you if anybody have information on different between the turbo c and Borland c then please it send to me.

Re: Difference between Turbo C and Borland C

According to the knowledge Borland turbo c is flavor of C++ which is provided by the Borland Company. The both languages are same only the major difference is that the compiler and the linking of the languages are different. Even the libraries are used for the both languages are same. There are some minor different between in syntax writing on program. There are many flavors of C++ out there, e.g. Microsoft’s C++, mingw32 etc.

According to me there is no Borland c, Borland is company who provides the turbo c so that it called the Borland c .Borland c and the turbo c the main different between these languages is that they both are needed a different type of compiler. The DOS version of the Borland c language is written in the turbo c language. Turbo c is the computer program where as Borland is the specifications for the computer which can be develop in different way.

Turbo c is first language which made for the DOS command line. Whereas the Borland c is launched after the turbo c for the DOS command line. The final version of the turbo c and Borland c debugger came with the several version of the debugger program: TDX was the basic debugger. The difference between the language is that both languages are uses the different compiler program and different way of in which they are linking to the server .

In my experience with the programming languages no difference between the turbo c and the Borland c languages. Because the file format of the both language is same .And Borland is the company which produced the c language. The Borland c language is written in turbo c languages. Turbo c debugger and the Borland c debugger both was the machine level debugger for MS DOS executable sold by the Borland.