Thread: Problems in installing java new version 1.6.0.24 on my computer.

Problems in installing java new version 1.6.0.24 on my computer.

Hello friends, I have a certain issue in my windows XP operating system server pack 3, most preciously I have the problem in downloading Java updates and versions. Recently in the computer, I had the old version of java stating as 1.0.6.20, in the previous day, I had uninstalled the previous version 1.0.6.20 and installed a fresh version of it, after I installed till here everything went fine. But the only problem started with the internet explorer which could not verify the installation process. The new version what I have installed was not seen in the ADD/REMOVE programs, but it was present in the internet explorer toolbar. When I started to reinstall the product a small window appeared and it was saying that he setup file is not been present. How to come out from this problem. Please help.

Re: Problems in installing java new version 1.6.0.24 on my computer.

Hello friend, I too had the same problem in the installation process. Whenever I had to remove the product it would not provide me with it. I even tried to remove the program, from ADD/REMOVE program. But it shows the error stating “fatal error during installation”. I even tried to remove the product from the help of revo but no use; finally I tried repairing the product for just any cases if it work. This really worked for me and soon after removing it from the computer I downloaded the java 1.0.6.24 from the internet from a genuine site which provide me al the software which are good and secure. Now once I had downloaded it, I reinstalled the product, but before that I cleaned the register, and seen to it that there were no any error.

Hi, I really tried to overcome this type of problem; the revo remover in the computer was unable to remove the content of java old version. Also it was appearing in the ADD/REMOVE program, but when I tried to remove the error it again gave me error stating that it is very dangerous to remove the product. So I just left the revo remover there only and downloaded a new one known as JavaRa this not only removed all the content but also cleared the entire file that were present in the hard disk. But it had the presence of Add-ons in it. I disable the add-on also. After this, I downloaded the new version and appended it on the previous version that was present, it had provided with some error to me but I was able to rectify it.

Did you tried downloading the window clean up utility and running it on the computer. This is require because when any of the program is been uninstalled then some of the file are been present in it which will create a problem further. So these systems remove the file that are remained in the hard disk and clean the entire registry that was affected by it. The one mistake that you did was by uninstalling the previous version manually. Most of the system when are getting updated they automatically remove all the files and folders that are present in it. Once they have done this thing, the installing process of new version is been started. By you removing the files manually not only changes the whole setting but also keep some of the files that are dangerous during the installation of the new version.

The problem in the java updating process is that, some of the system allows you to install the new version and it keeps the old version in the computer. In other words it do not uninstall the older version. Some time that may lead to the problem because the older version may have some bug which was not removed and it affect the new version also. The main thing to do is whenever you try to install the new thing, always make sure that the older version is been uninstalled by you from ADD/REMOVE programs. I had recently seen my friend computer having the entire version present in it. So I told him to uninstall it and only keep the new version.