Thread: Ajax collapsible panel not working properly

Ajax collapsible panel not working properly

Last week I download Ajaxtoolkit from official side of codeflex in order to include extra functionality in my project. Yesterday when I deploy my project on dedicated live server I noticed that collapsible panel present inside my project is not working properly. I don’t why this is happening. Actually I don’t want to use standard controls like multiview controls inside my project. That’s why I need your help to solve this problem as soon as possible. My whole project is based on working of this collapsible panel only. I am waiting for your replies desperately. I hope you already know reason behind this problem. Your every single line of information is valuable for me. Please if possible try to get back to me with your appropriate solution. Thanks in advance.

Re: Ajax collapsible panel not working properly

I don’t think so it is a problem related to your hardware. There must be something missing at your server side. Let check whether you are facing same kind of problem on local host or not. If you find that your project is working properly on local host than, I am sure about one thing that is your server must be unable to support ajax. Check inside your web.config file whether there is a code associated with ajax is present or nit inside add tag of the system. Net section.

I am also thinking how this can be happen. First tell me which version of visual studio you are currently using. For supporting the concept of ajax there is requirement of visual studios 2008. Along with visual studio there is also requirement of 3.5 frameworks. I hope you already aware about the difference of framework and visual studio. . Net framework is only available with latest version of visual studio that is visual studio 2008. If you are using older versions of framework like 2.5 or 3.0 than also the concept of Ajax would not work for you.

Let us check whether you are facing similar kind of controls with other controls of ajax or not. If you are facing this problem with only single control then there is nothing wrong with your software or hardware, there must be some bugs in your coding. I will help you to sort out those bugs just send me the screen shot of your code. After extending your standard control for extending its properties I will suggest you to use smarttab appeared right on top of the control instead of doing all the coding manually.

Last I also face the similar kind of problem associated with ajaxtoolkit. If I am not wrong there must be something wrong in your OnClientActiveTabChanged event. It might be possible that due to some bugs appeared inside this event you are not able to expand or collapse it properly. Just checkout that event in order to solve your problem. I hope this small information will help you to solve your problem.

I am not sure this is source of your problem or not. There are number of browsers available on internet. Among them only some of them support the concept of Ajax. If you are using the older browser then you will come problems like that. Try to resolve this problem by changing your browser to newer one. I will suggest you to use internet explorer eight to check the same scenario.

When you use collapsible panel in your website, it assumes that you are using CSS model. All older versions of browsers didn’t support this type of model completely. To get rid of this problem use doctype declaration just for sack of specifying that the page you are developing must be rendered inside internet explorer’s standard compliant mode only.