Thread: Is Firebug necessary for web developers?

Is Firebug necessary for web developers?

I have recently started learning the web designing (I am having the core knowledge). I have heard many web developers saying that Firebug is useful thing for them. I don't know exactly in what respect.?! So thought to take some ideas from you members. I just want to know that is Firebug necessary for web developers? If yes, then in what process it can be useful? I hope that you people will explain me in details about it.

Re: Is Firebug necessary for web developers?

Let me tell you that for analysis and optimization of web pages, the Firefox has add-on "Firebug" established as a standard tool for Web developers. After the simple installation can be Firebug has a small icon to the right start in the status bar. A debug console in the bottom of the browser opens and shows the source code of the current Web page. If you drive here with the mouse over an HTML element (for example <div> or <table>), is at the top, so the browser itself, corresponding side portion of the colored marks. If one reversed the context menu command "Inspect Element" on a browser from anywhere in the highlighted Firebug automatically the appropriate section of code and displays the CSS style and layout of the selected HTML construct.

The code navigation is convenient but not everything that this little helper for web developers to offer added. Firebug allows the source code any site live editing. Any change is immediately displayed in the browser, but not stored permanently. This allows some errors in the layout will quickly or easily try out different designs. Rounding out the tool console, in the custom functions can be tested by a Javascript. There are also a view that is in the entire DOM (Document Object Model) is shown, another "Net" module that the loading pages and the size of all components of the current site (images, Javascript and CSS files, and Flash lists objects) for optimization purposes. Another advantage is that the tool has become so popular that there are many powerful extensions for it - "Meta-extensions" so to speak. "YSlow" by Yahoo, for example, investigated sites on their loading speed and reports, which points need for optimization.

Let's start with Internet Explorer. This is now the final version of the Developer Toolbar released. With this tool you can navigate well in the DOM tree of your page, just click items to view the CSS properties of elements. Especially good for two things.
    1. If you want to dynamically assigned via JS new CSS properties to see if anything has arrived as well.
    2. If you have great CSS inheritance hierarchies, you can see very well, which property is acquired by any rule.
    3. You can change at run time, the CSS, so that you can ever try to look like a change would, therefore, saves you edit the CSS, Save, Reload.
    For those where the toolbar does not seem to have a tip. You have in the Internet Options -> Enable Enable 3rd Party Extensions -> Advanced. I had with me to my update problems anyway, but now it is doing fine. Second, there is something similar for the Firefox for Internet Explorer. Firebug can do even a little bit more. Firebug is not merely limited to only CSS, but you can also help to debug the Javascript code. This is great for small errors to be found deep in a Functional hierarchy when you for example, already working with AJAX or similar and you wonder where to stay because your data.

The open-source Firefox add-on Firebug is certainly one of the most useful tools in the development of websites and for many Web developers to stay. The Firefox add-on were particularly impressed by the work directly in the browser and the ability to track changes to the code in real time. But Firebug can do better, as the WebResourcesDepot with the idea of 13 add-ons for Firebug shows. With code Burner (formerly known as Fire Scope) does one integrate the HTML and CSS references Sitepoint.com in Firebug. You can then retrieve the comfort of shortcuts.

The open-source Firefox add-on Firebug is certainly one of the most useful tools in the development of websites and for many Web developers to stay.
    Yeah.. that's true fact. Who's with PHP often developed, which should once FirePHP look. With the Firebug add-on control of the PHP development is facilitated directly in the browser. Even so debugging can take place in the browser. Firediff is a tracking tool that all changes are recorded and CSS DOM on, so that they can understand at any time. With pixel-perfect design elements can be developed through a HTML frame set new, so pixel-accurate error detection.