Thread: How can I store multiple values using single button in C#

How can I store multiple values using single button in C#

Hello everyone. I am second year computer science student. Recently I got one assignment of creating one application similar to calculator. I already start this application. My main aim is to provide the facility of performing multi number operations. My problem is whenever I press single button the test associated with that appears on textbox, but when I press the second one instead of appending the previous number it replaces the original one. I don’t know how to solve this problem. I desperately need someone’s help for get rid of this problem. I would like to say thanks in advance for all your valuable and precious replies. Oh! I forget to tell you about language. Actually I am using c# as my coding language under .net frameworks 3.5 environment.

Re: How can I store multiple values using single button in C#

Hi! I am first year BCA student. I loved to gather information about new languages which will be helpful for my future. This year I am also going to learn the same language. I discuss your problem with my seniors, they suggest me one solution to tell you. I hope this will help you get rid of this problem. They told me to suggest you to use the concept of concatenation for solving this problem. It is quite easy to concatenate one value to other. The code that you have use to achieve this is as follow:-
    Code:
    TextBoxName.Text += Button.Text;

The solution for your problem you are currently talking about is really simplest one. I don’t think so the concept of concatenation wills relly going to help you to solve your query. The main purpose of concatenation is adding one digit of alphabet next to previous one. This concept is not much helpful in not useful for making applications like calculator. I will suggest you to use different option that is, one you enter value inside textbox store that value inside particular variable. This will help you to store single digit at a time but using the same button.

There are number of ways available for constructing calculator type applications. I will suggest you to start your application by focusing on basic fundamental principles of the calculator. First try to apply all your functionality to single digit only. I have one suggestion to solve your problem. That is before clicking on operation buttons just keep on adding the all the digits using the concept of concatenation. Once you click on the operation buttons like adding, subtracting etc. store that value inside one variable. After clicking on that button turn that text box empty and allow the user to enter numbers and repeat the same procedure that you use with previous number. You can use the same procedure for all the type of operations.

I think the concept of switch condition will definitely help you to solve your problem. I hope you already know how to use switch condition in c#. Once you enter the digit inside textbox store that particular value inside one object of the same type. After doing that for checking which operation you have to perform on those numbers that you store. I am not expert in c#. I already forward your problem to my engineer friends. I hope they will get back to you as soon as possible.

Yesterday at the time of reading books I come around one code that will really help you. Due to large amount of code I am not able to tell you all about that code. But you can easily download that book from internet. This book is really helpful for all the beginners as well as for all the experience persons using this language. I hope this will also help you to get rid of this problem.

If you want to perform multi number operation than I don’t think so normal data types will help you to achieve desired result simply use the option of arrays for doing such kind of operations. Array will simplify your all the problems related to arithmetic operations and all that. If you want to get more information about that, then I will suggest you to use PDF files available on internet. This contains every single line of code that you want to implement in your project to get desired result.