Thread: How to do Hardware Buttons Mapping

How to do Hardware Buttons Mapping

Actually regarding this I have searched a lot but unable to get appropriate solution for my query. And related to this I think that it is very basic. Actually the main question is over here that I want to remap the hardware buttons on my Vogue which is currently running on to the Android. I would mainly like the "back" button to be the big button in D-pad. So regarding this if you guys have any suggestion then please help me over here. I will be thankful for this.

Re: How to do Hardware Buttons Mapping

Actually I am also looking to map the hardware keys in to this I want to map the windows media player’s joypad/d-pad events which are sent simply to my application. Recently I am making use of the GetAsyncKeyState but this means that like word is the forground application it also gets the event. So I am looking to filter these events or make these events only seen by my application. So you guys know how can I do this.

I hope this will help you. Actually in this after looking to map the hardware keys like pocket windows media player does so every joypad/d-pad events are propel only to my application. Currently I’m making use of the GetAsyncKeyState other than that for word is the foreground application I make use of this event. So I am looking to sort out these events or make these events only seen by my application. So in this I am able to fix my issue I hope this will also help you. If you want then you can follow this in order to get the proper solution.

I make an application in which I try to map one of the button (Record). In fact my button mapping working very well throughout the application. But in this I have one difficulty, when I go to settings->buttons and reset the Record button to its default and then attempt to start my application by tick on its icon in start menu, the hardware button doesn’t gets mapped and neither it invoke record application when pressed. When I open the "Buttons" settings I observe that the name mapped to the record button and pressing OK, my program is working well one more time along with button mapping. On the other hand if I change the button mapping to any other and then try to launch my application through same way, the button gets mapped and my application works very well. I can’t figure out the difficulty, why button mapping doesn’t work for this when it is mapped to default (Record) application. Is there anyone provides me a number of information or help in this regards. I am programming in C as well as C# using .NETCF 2.0.

Regarding this I want some of the information from your side and please try to give this to me as soon as it is possible for you. Actually here I want to know that are you recently making use to map the buttons the Microsoft.WindowsCE.Forms.HardwareButton class? Or something else. Please provide me this information so that I can work on this in more efficient way. And one thing more here that if you are not making use of this then please try to make from this class I am sure that this will help you.