Thread: Safe sharing of data in a database

Safe sharing of data in a database

Different type of organizations maintain their database and records in different manner , however it is quite important to share the data among themselves for proper decision making , but whenever any data is shared over a network or any transaction takes place , it is quite possible to maintain the consistency of the data , can any one please explain me how this is done specially when it is being queried using the SQL language , I am a bit aware that there are a few ACID properties of a data in a database , can anyone please elaborate those in brief , I will be very grateful .

Re: Safe sharing of data in a database

I think you were a bit concerned about the safety of the data , that is whenever it is being queried you think that there are some chances of data hamper or it lays some sort of impacts on the consistency of data . Well in that case you are incorrect , whatever transactions that takes place considers the data consistency as its foremost points and as far as the safety is concerned , only the administrator has the right to make any change in the database and its tables and its upto him to whom the INSERT, UPDATE ,DELETE privileges should be granted and revoked .

When a transaction processing system makes a transaction, it will make sure that the transaction will have few features . The programmers of the components that include the transaction are guaranteed that these characteristics are in position. They do not require to handle these characteristics themselves. These characteristics are called as the ACID properties. ACID is an short form for atomicity, consistency, isolation, and durability.

A transaction put into effect consistency in the system situation by making sure that at the end of any transaction the system is in a suitable state. If the transaction finishes effectively, then all alterations to the system will have been correctly completed, and the system will be in a valid condition.A transaction put in force consistency in the system state by making that at the end of any transaction the system is in a suitable state.When a transaction operates in isolation, it looks to be the only act that the system is moving out at one time.A transaction is durable in that once it has been effectively finished, all of the alterations it made to the system are everlasting.