Thread: Unable to open JSP file on Windows 7

Unable to open JSP file on Windows 7

I am very strange problem from past two days. Well I have recently bought a laptop. I have installed Windows 7 on my laptop. I want to open a .jsp file on my computer. Well it is included in to syllabus of the college. So I want to learn about this in detail but I have been unable to handle the file. Please let me know if you are having any solution on this. I am waiting for your reply. Thanks in advance.

Re: Unable to open JSP file on Windows 7

I want to know from where this .jsp file you have found. I also like to let you know that this .jsp file is mainly Java Server Pages. You can open this file in your web browser. Well it’s a special kind of file web pages which utilizes scripts to accomplish the function. Its similar like ASP or PHP file but it consist of Java code rather than ActiveX or PHP. Well this code is parsed by the web server and this code is converted in to HTML and sent to the client computer which is connected to the server. Well I let you know that by default Java code is handled by the web server hence the user at the client side will never see jsp code. However he could see HTML code which is produced by the Java code which was on the web page. Well you have to use either Web development program or text editor to edit the JSP file.

I think there are two possible reasons about your problem which you had motioned on your post. Well I would like to tell you that either you are not having the program which handles the .jsp file on your computer or registry in your system might be corrupted. If registry is corrupted then I will recommend you that you should go for registry cleaning software which will remove junk registry from your computer.

I am having the same problem and I have not found any solution to solve the matter. Well I let you know that I had never used this JSP file before. I am working in a company which deals with paperless billing. All the bills are having .jsp extension. Well whenever I download this file on the computer of mine it prompts that Windows unable to recognize the file extension. Now I am unable to finish my work. Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.