Thread: How can an administrator control the contents of a database ?

How can an administrator control the contents of a database ?

I am a student studying in the first year of my IT graduation course , I want to do a certification from Microsoft regarding all this database studies and therefore want to clear all my doubts right from the scratch, so please beg me pardon if AI have asked a repeated question , as I want to ask once I become an administrator of database , how can I control the data base . I am a bit confused please guide me.

Re: How can an administrator control the contents of a database ?

A Data Control Language (DCL) is a system language and a division of SQL, used to manage access to table in a database. Owing to the feature of at which this standard works it is achievable for there to be troubles within the sub system of the programming.Examples of DCL commands consist of:GRANT command that permit specified users to carry out specified tasks.
    REVOKE to cancel before granted or denied privileges.

A Data Control Language or DCL is a fraction Structured Query Language (SQL) made use of to control the access to table in a database. For any in-house or outsource application development procedure, Data Control Language plays the significant role of setting approval method of the database. These commands are mostly used to give the privileges rights to the user of the table. You should give the access accordingly.

The REVOKE command takes back or cancels privileges (for INSERT, SELECT, UPDATE etc.) on any precise or all tables from various users using the database. The CASCADE option takes back the privileges from the user as well as the chief user who started the permission. In the Grant and Revoke statements also you can apply various keywords such as you can mention a user name , multiple user name or provide access or revoke access from or to all using the keyword ‘ALL’.

In a real-world database-driven situation (such as in an offshore software development corporation) any user receiving the permission on a precise object (such as a table) from a different user "with GRANT option", then that user has the right to set permission on that similar table to a different user standing in as an owner of the table . So now it is upto the owner to whom he has to give the access privileges and from whom the owner van actually revoke the permissions.