Thread: Stages of a thread in Servlet

Stages of a thread in Servlet

Hello friends, I have completed my graduation in the IT , I have cleared all the subjects without any failure in any subject, I had chosen Web development , when it was asked about to chose over the JAVA and Web development, but I wish to learn Java as well , so right now I am pursuing a course as well and will appear for the certificate of Sun Micro systems as well , I came to know a lot about the advantages about the object oriented language and its benefits, I had appeared for an interview where I had been asked about the the stages a servlet thread goes through , can anyone from the forum please elaborate in detail. I will be very grateful to him/ her. Thank yo in advance.

Re: Stages of a thread in Servlet

Let us see how a servlet work together with a Web server through a Web container, which is a runtime that administers the servlets. Of the different tasks of a container, lifecycle administration is the most vital and critical. The life cycle of a servlet include the following phases : Instantiation of the servlet , Initializing the , Service it , the the object created is being Destroy and is then unavailable.

Initially, a Web browser connect to a Web server and passes an HTTP application over the connection. On the basis of request URL, the following series of events take place. The initial thing the Web server has to function is to make out if the incoming demand respect to a Web application that is present there in the Web container. This requires an contained understanding among the Web server and the Web container. Web containers make use of the concept of a servlet context to recognize Web applications. We can mention the context when we are implementing the application onto the container.

Once the application makes out that the web container has to mange all those request, the Web server hand over the request to the Web container. We can imagine of this procedure as the Web server calling a local/remote function on the Web container, with the request data. The Web container makes use of this mapping information to correspond each inbound request to a servlet, a JSP, or a stationary resource. If the required resource is correspond to a static source, all that the Web container has to function or endeavor is to go by that source to the Web server and this makes the body of the reply that the Web server transfers to the Web browser.

Once the Web container accepts the application from the Web server, it must decide which application should manage this request. In a J2EE Web application, this sort of an HTTP request can be correspond to a servlet, if not to the servlet it will map woth a JSP file, or any static supply based on URL model .Static resources comprise HTML/XML documents, pictures, applet class or sometimes JAR files, etc. These sources are fraction of the web application. When we collect and implement a Web application, we also mention this mapping information.