Thread: How are Runtime error handled in C# ?

How are Runtime error handled in C# ?

I am a a novice programmer, I am pursuing a .Net course after which I will be a professional in ASP.NET and use the Microsoft Visual studio to compile the code , but before that I will have to learn the C# language completely , I have used your technical forums to learn all the basic thing and solve a and get rid of the doubts that had come to my mind , so can you please tell me how does this C# handles the run time error also tell me a bit about those errors.

Re: How are Runtime error handled in C# ?

If you are not aware about the process , whenever you code any program and save it , once the program is compiled that means .exec file is created and in order to execute it completely the .exec should run successfully , but if that does not happen then it is said the run time error has occurred , this mostly happens due to incorrect logic being applied in the code.

Code:
    using system :
    class err
    {
     public static void main ()
     int x = 10; 
     int y = 5;  
     int z = 5;

int a = x/(y-z);
    Console.WriteLine(" the result of the given expression is " +a); 
    }

The above code will result in a run time error , while you can see that it will generate into a run time error since the expression includes division by zero , as the difference between the y and z variables results in zero and it divides the value stored in variable x, since the any value divided with zero results in a not defined value , it will generate an exception. you will have to catch those exception.

"Exception is a runtime errors that comes or encounters due to some abnormal sequence being adopted in a code sequence. In C# Exception is a class in the system namespace. An instance of an exception is that explain the exceptional circumstances take place in a code that means, we are catching an exception, generating an object of it, and later on throwing it. C# supports exception very much the similar technique . You can use the the Try and catch block to handle it.