Thread: What is difference between CSS and HTML?

What is difference between CSS and HTML?

CSS is a style language that defines layout of HTML documents. For example, CSS covers the fonts, colors, margins, lines, height, width, background images, the positions advanced and much more. But everytime, I get confused between the CSS and HTML.!! I want to know the differences between them. I have done HTML to good extent, but not having enough knowledge about the CSS. So it would also be better for me, if you provide some notes about CSS. I am expecting some help from your side sooner.

Re: What is difference between CSS and HTML?

HTML can be (mis) used for the presentation of Web sites. But CSS offers more options and is more precise and sophisticated. CSS is supported by all browsers. HTML is used to structure the content, CSS is used for formatting structured content. Well, it sounds a bit technical and confusing. But keep reading, it will soon be meaningless. The growing popularity of the Web, designers began to seek ways to add the presentation to the documents online. To meet this demand, the browser vendors (by that time, Netscape and Microsoft) invented new HTML tags, such as <font>, which differed from the original elements in that it defines a presentation and not a structure.

It also led to a situation where the original structure tags, such as <table> were increasingly used to present the wrong page and not to add structure to text. Many new presentation tags, such as <blink>, were recognized by a browser type. "You have to use browser X to view this page" became a common warning on websites. CSS was invented to remedy this situation by providing opportunities for web designers sophisticated presentations, supported by all browsers. At the same time, separating the presentation style of documents from their content makes maintenance much easier.

CSS was a revolution in the world of web design. The concrete benefits of CSS are:
    • Control the presentation of several documents by a single style sheet;
    • More precise control of the presentation;
    • Applied to different presentations of different media types (screen, printing, etc.).
    • Many advanced techniques and sophisticated.
    Not exactly ... HTML is what you do the page itself (tables, forms, text, etc.). The CSS is allowing you to style those elements. For example, if you want a button has a red background instead of the typical gray Internet Explorer, you do it with CSS. Or if you want to move your mouse over a link it changes color, also with CSS. Allows for a custom style to almost any element of a website (and these elements are built with HTML, not CSS). Say, in short, to build HTML and CSS page will give a customized style.