Thread: what are the possible return types of a main method?

\"Dritan\" Guest

what are the possible return types of a main method?

I am an IT student , I a learning a bit of programming , bit I am not quite good at it , I have heard apart from the hard ware technicalities this forums also provides guidance in so for that reason I decided to take the support of your forum, so my question is regarding the main method of a program , I just wanted to as that how many and what type of data a main method can return iit does not matter of the language you are using , please tell me as I think I will not clear my exams if you do not provide me any sort of assistance.

Re: what are the possible retyrun types of a main method?

I the common format , where public is the access modifier , static specifies that it is not depending on any object , then comes the return type of the main method , it means that it is not returning any type of value. But in the programming languages like C and C++ you will be able to find return types in the main function as well, I think in that languages you may find int as a return type. You can try in the Turbo C or Borland tool. Internet issue.

you do not return anything g, that will just be returning a null reference, as opposite to a reference to an instance t. Well I do not think that it is incorrect You just require to ensure that whoever is invoking this method , knows to test that the return value is not anything before trying to invoke a function or an instance , or it may even be the property of the method being invoked, so return type makes a lot of difference. a method or aproperty on the object.

Java is a bit different form the C and C++ language Unlike those languages , the programmer does not need mention an error return code by giving from the main function . Instead they should make use of System.exit(code) inn order to accomplish this . If the Java main method returns any sort of value then in that case or scenario the default code of zero is returned.