Thread: Where code is generated by views module in Drupal

Where code is generated by views module in Drupal

I created a module called news with the views module that contains the title and body of the news. In the body I have a picture of the news. I present it in the right sidebar, but I get the photo thumbnail. Deltran option module would have views to enlarge the size of the photo. Where is the module code that I created, modify it and I think that is arranged. Tried many things to sort this out but no success. Atlast gave up and thought to post here. Please help me as early as possible, so that I can continue with my work.

Re: Where code is generated by views module in Drupal

The views are nothing more than displaying sql results in templates and stored serialized. Also my recommendation is to use the module ImageCache, that if you use version 6 if 7 in this functionality is already integrated. With this module you can make the image pick the size you want and so created the ImageCache module size in the view and you will so desire to the output image type that you created with ImageCache.

Thank you very much for all the information. I will try the module ImageCache to see if I get. Intros is to present news in both sidebar and needed image of the news in the sidebar remain the width of the sidebar, but that does not affect the size of the photo on the news. If the forum is the sidebar width = 200 and height = 150. The node must have the same picture 640 * 480. So wondering if the views module to generate source code to modify the code in the block side. I looked at the database and the views module stores only coordinates and not code. Do you know any other module that generates news intros for placement on the sides.?

If you generate html code but as I said shows you in templates, and delivers the visuals are raw as it tells you and you have saved on the node. Due to which you want to be dissociated from the imagery of the node content, and add for example with CCK and imagecache, create two presets, one for the Post the other for the Sidebar. And to call the preset views of a single image related to the node. I know of no module that it automatically. and not a good idea to give the images a special measure just to accommodate it.

The views take all the data that you specify (do not create any) does the SQL query and displays it in your templates (look for templates views) I clarified that initially cost link from where the data, you must have a knowledge little advanced as templates and Drupal works as overwritten. The views take the data set (body, title, tags, images, etc etc etc) makes the query according to the relationship that you command and shows you in your own templates (you can overwrite - overriding -). Imagecache module serves to "presets" and work construction pictures (changing its size, "On-the-Fly" and save it in its respective folder after creating the image). The Views module looks (mostly) as related to the node and gives it to you tell how and when to display the data. It is best to download it and experience it is not hard but takes time to learn to use it, unfortunately there is no basic tutorials to appreciate the power of these modules. You just have to explore through trial and error draw a conclusion.