Thread: Need help to understand basic data encryption of SQL

Need help to understand basic data encryption of SQL

Please tell me whether there is in SQL Server 2000, the normal function of encryption. I found only Encrypt, but it works pretty weird - just sends ASCII character by character code. I am just trying to figure out the basic encryption features that I can carry out on my system. I need information on some concepts and terms associated with data encryption. At first I just need some basic highlights on the basic concepts of encryption. What are the methods that are used for the same. How does all the encryption settings worked out and what benefits can be carried out with the other version also.

Re: Need help to understand basic data encryption of SQL

The SQL Server 2005, it is now possible to encrypt data directly on the server. For encrypting and decrypting the data can be asymmetric or symmetric encryption methods are used. In symmetric encryption the same key is used for both encryption and decryption of the information. Symmetric encryption methods are more efficient than asymmetric algorithms, and therefore should be used for encryption of data in the database using symmetric keys. The disadvantage of symmetric encryption is that to be known for both processes, so the encryption and the decryption key must be the same.

Here how does this work. The symmetric encryption provides a key to encrypt which is a made Public Key. The key is used to decrypt the message remains the receiving Private Key. This allows a secure exchange of information between sender and receiver is possible without the secret key must be disclosed. Another variant of the asymmetric encryption is used when signing modules. Here is a hash of the module using the private key stored encrypted. When you run the procedure, the hash using the public key can be decrypted and verified. Since the private key is unknown, it is not possible to generate the hash of the module after a change again. As there are in the current implementation of encryption in SQL Server encryption and decryption in principle on the server and stored so that even with asymmetric encryption.

You can find SQL Shield in MS SQL 2008, 2005 32 and 64-bit, Server 2000 or MSDE installed tool, hacker-proof encryption for triggers, views and procedures offered. None of the currently available SQL decryption programs are able to use SQL Shield encryption to crack. Most importantly, all encrypted procedures remain executable! In addition, affected installing SQL Shield does not replace any existing settings and also the complete standard encryption. The user has to choose always the possibility of using which encryption settings.

Encryption is a method for keeping sensitive information confidential by changing data into an unreadable form. Encryption ensures that data remains secure by keeping the information hidden from everyone, even if the encrypted data is viewed directly. Decryption is the process of changing encrypted data back into its original form so it can be viewed by authorized users. The right thing to encrypt the password on the client and send to the server already coded string you can even unprotected table. And similarly check it for authenticity: encrypt, and then compare. Not bad if the password is binding to the ID of the record. Do not try to pass anything without the random variables.

SQL Server 2005 contains built-in encryption, digital signature and verification of data by using symmetric keys and asymmetric keys (the algorithm is RSA). All traffic between the client and the server by default encrypted using the protocols IP Security and Secure Sockets Layer, where this functionality is available in all editions of the product. SQL Server 2005 allows to define security policies, completely prohibiting the exchange of encrypted data between client and server, which reduces the risk of leakage of data obtained through the interception of traffic. SSL is supported through integration with the services of Internet Information Services. SQL Server 2005 allows for
    the protection of data at the level of columns by encrypting stored in them.