Thread: Scope resolution operator C++

Scope resolution operator C++

I have got a desktop computer desktop computer and I have installed Turbo C in it because I have to work a lot on the C++ programming language, II just wanted to know about the inheritance being achieved in the C++ language, I have heard that it is attained with the help of some scope resolution operator , can any one please explain me if any one has any idea about programming.

Re: Scope resolution operator C++

The :: (scope resolution) operator is used to make eligible the concealed names so that you can still make use of them. You can utilize the unary scope operator if a namespace scope or global scope name is concealed by an open declaration of the similar name in a block or class. For instance :
    Code:
    int c = 0;

int main(void) 
    {
    	  int c = 0;
    	  ::c = 1;  // set global count to 1
    	  c = 2;    // set local count to 2
    	  return 0;
    }

The scope resolution operator (::) in C++ language is used to describe the previously declared member functions of a specific class. In the .cpp file you can describe the normal global functions or the member functions of the class. To discriminate between the standard functions and the class that has a member functions, programmer needs to make use of the scope resolution operator (::) in between the class name and the name of member function .

We take an example of Well and water Well::water() where well is a class and water() is a member function of the class well. The other makes use of the resolution operator is to solve the range of a variable when the same name for the variable is used to stand for a global variable, the variables that are declared globally , and members of multiple classes. If the resolution operator is located between the class name and the variable belonging to the class then the variable name belonging to the specific class is asked for the reference

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;
    Code:
    int a = 12;   // here it is a  global variable

int main() {
       int a = 13;   // here it is a local variable
       cout  << ::a << endl;
       cout  << a   << endl; 
    }
    The above example shows you the scope resolution operator , but besides that there is one more use of this operator i.e to access the members that are been declared in class scope. I think the above given example is enough to explain you about the basic functionality of a scope resolution scope resolution operator is used the name of the member that follows the operator is looked up in the scope of the class with the name that appears before the operator.