Thread: What is Visual Basic environment in VB 6.0?

What is Visual Basic environment in VB 6.0?

Hello friends, I wanted to know what the visual environment of visual basic is. I wanted to know whether visual environment consists of creation files or not? I don’t know what is the basically visual environment all about? Is there any visual basic window? From where is it available? Is it available from visual tool bar? I any no clue about visual environment. So, any who is aware of this information then please let me. I have no idea and no information so please let me know as soon as possible.

Re: What is Visual Basic environment in VB 6.0?

Well I would like to tell you that the Visual Basic Environment is where you can create and test your projects. It consists of following Form Window which is one of its parts of an environment. This is where you design the forms for your application. It displays the name of the project followed by the name of the selected form. The selected form is displayed in this window. A dotted grid is shown on the form at design time which is helpful for placing the controls on the form. Whenever a new project is created, a default form is added to the project with the name as Form1.

I would like tell you about the project explorer where it shows the files present in the project. The name of the project (.vbp) file is shown in the title bar. The default project name is Project1 which may be changed later. It consists of three buttons. The first one is used to switch to the code window, the second one to switch to the Form Window and the last one is used to toggle the way in which the files are displayed in the project -Grouped by type or ungrouped.

Well, you might be also aware of property windows which are also a part of visual environment. It shows the properties of the selected object and allows changing them. The object whose properties you want to view or change can be selected from the drop down list. The list consists of the object names followed by their types. The properties list may be views either in alphabetical order or may be categorized by selecting the appropriate tab.

If you have known about property windows then you must also be aware of form layout and the toolbox available in Visual environment. Form Layout Window is the window which is used to set the position of the form on the desktop. The form is displayed at that position when the project is executed. Whereas talking about the toolbox in Visual environment. It consists of the different controls which you can place on the form. A default set of components is shown. You may add or remove components in the toolbox by selecting Components from the Project Menu or by right clicking the toolbox itself.

The final thing on Visual basic which you must know is the basic tool window and the toolbox. Main Visual Basic Window It holds the VB menu bar, the toolbar and the form location and size information. The Toolbar is also another option available in Visual basic 6.0. The buttons on the toolbar are shortcuts for frequently used operations. Each button represents a command that can also be selected from a menu. There a various toolbars such as Standard, Formatting, Drawing, etc. The toolbars can be displayed or hidden by checking or unchecking its name in View >> Toolbars menu.