Thread: Look and feel in JAVA

Look and feel in JAVA

I am an IT student and I am looking forward to build a project in this language . I wanted to know what language will be better to build a project in. I want to choose JAVA because my brother says you will get proper look and feel if you are using the Swing feature in JAVA, what does he mean by saying by that , I am in second year now till it is time but still I want to know how I can get the look and feel feature of JAVA that I cannot get in other programming languages.

re: Look and feel in JAVA

The Java Swing interface renders a pluggable look-and-feel (PLAF) feature , which enables Swing GUI widgets to alter look based on the programmer’s requirement by changing the look-and-feel setting. Almost all current user interface frameworks unite the view and controller, if they are based on SmallTalk, C++, or Java. This one of the most advanced feature of JAVA.

Swing packages each component’s sight and controller into an object which is also known by the name UI delegate. For this cause, Swing’s underlying building is also called as model-delegate and for that reason it is not called as model-view-controller. Usually , interaction between both the model and the UI delegate does not happen in direct way , permitting more than one model to be linked to one UI delegate and so on. Well I think you should prefer JAVA language in your project.

The JComponent class defines functions for allocating UI delegates since the functions declarations needed does not include component-compliant code. However, this is not likely with data models since the basic interface is not present ,, through which that all models can be get back to . For this fact , the functions to allocate models are mentioned in subclasses of JComponent where it is mandatory.

Well I too think that think that you should consider the JAVA language than any other because and in that you should use the Swing component in it . I will not prefer you to make the use of Applet , because the component in the Applet are heavy weight and the components in the Swing are light weight , the components in the Swing are lighter than that of Applet.