Thread: Objects in VBScript

Objects in VBScript

I have recently started learning the VBScript. So its obvious that I am not having knowledge of it. Actually we have been taught about the using an object in VBScript. But the fact, I was not able to get anything. I know that I cannot move forward without clearing the basic concepts. So I am requesting you to provide some notes regarding the topic. I am sure that some members out there (who are having enough knowledge about VBScript) will help me sooner. Any other information regarding the topic would be appreciable.

Re: Objects in VBScript

To use an object you must create an instance that is declared and a name. To do this you use the CreateObject command. The syntax for creating an object is:
    Code:
    September ObjectName = CreateObject ("object type")
    The FileSystemObject allows you to work with files and folders on your hard disk. This object is used to create other objects that will be the folder, file or drive. In the following example we take a look :
    Code:
    <script language="vbscript"> 

Function showfile (folderspec) 
    Dim fso, folder, file, FileItem 

Set fso = CreateObject ("Scripting.FileSystemObject") 
    Set folder = fso.GetFolder (folderspec) 
    September folder.Files file = 

For Each file in FileItem 
    document.write FileItem & <br/> " 
    Next 
    End Function 

Showfile ("c") 
    </ Script>
    The start of this function in an HTML page tells us that you are creating a situational hazard. In fact, the following function displays the files but as we shall see, there are also commands to delete files and folders.

Returning to the function showfile, you first created the object fso, that is the object that allows to work with the file system. With the next command "Set folder = fso.GetFolder (folderspec)" that is created the folder object and then "Set file = folder.Files" then create the object file. The rest of the program uses methods and properties of these objects, to be hours decrypts. The FileSystemObject has only one property, Drive, which returns a list of all available drives on your system.

The FileSystemObject has only one property, Drive, which returns a list of all available drives on your system.
    However, there are numerous methods for working with files and folders:
    • DriveExists (drive letter) returns True if the drive letter of specified there.
    • GetDrive (drive letter) returns a Drive object corresponding to the letter specified
    • GetDriveName (drive letter) returns the name drive letter corresponding to the specified
    • BuildPath (path, name) adds specified files or folders by name to the current path
    • CopyFolder (source, destination, overwrite) copy a folder from the source to the destination location, is overwritten if it already exists as a function of the overwrite parameter
    • CreateFolder (folder name) creates a folder
    • DeleteFolder (folder name, force) deletes a folder, with the force parameter = true gate the folders read-only
    • FolderExists (folder name) returns true or false if the specified folder exists or not
    • GetFolder (folder) returns a folder object corresponding to the specified folder.
    • GetParentFolderName (folder) return folder name other than that specified
    • MoveFolder (source, destination) moves to a folder
    • CopyFile (source, destination, overwrite) copy a file from the source to the destination location, is overwritten if it already exists as a function of the overwrite parameter
    • CreateTextFile (Route, overwrite, unicode) creates a text file in the specified location. The overwrite parameter, allows make it in writing over an existing file, unicode parameter allows you to save as ASCII or Unicode
    • DeleteFile (filename, force) deletes a file, with the force parameter = true delete also the files read-only
    • FileExists (file path) returns true or false if the specified file exists or not
    • GetExtensionName (path) returns the file extension
    • GetFile (path) returns a file object corresponding to the specified file
    • MoveFile (source, destination) moves a file
    • OpenTextFile (filename, iomode, create, format) create or open a text file using iomode to read, write or add as ASCII or Unicode.

The following code creates unFileSystemObject and lists the drives in the local machine:
    Code:
    Dim fso 
    Dim disk 

'Create the FileSystemObject 
    Set fso = CreateObject ("Scripting.FileSystemObject") 

document.write "discs on this machine are: 
    For Each disc fso.Drives 
    document.write "<BR> Drive =" & disk 
    next

buckbunny Guest

VBScript is a scripting language developed by the activities of Microsoft Visual Basic for the blueprint. It is designed as a "lightweight" language used and fast translation of a variety of Microsoft environments. VBScript part, began in the Microsoft Windows Script Technology