Thread: Any instruction on compiling WPS v2.2

Any instruction on compiling WPS v2.2

There are several instructions for accumulate WPS (WRF preprocessing) V2.2. I go behind the instruction on Intel for accumulate WRF and it works extremely well. On the other hand, when I try to accumulate WPS, it comes into view that the program merely provide alternative for compiling using PGI compiler (on the other hand, WRF V2.2 provide Intel alternative, that's wired.). I tried to edit the configure.wps based on my experience from running by means of WRF V3, additional than no success.

Re: Any instruction on compiling WPS v2.2

The g2c is a big tenderness. A number of Linux distributions no longer make available the static library (libg2c.a) which is what WPS uses. You be supposed to be capable to modify organize.wps and change -lg2c to /usr/lib/libg2c.so.0.0.0 (note no -l). The linker determines to complain regarding an unknown suffix, additional than it determine to work. I am working with on Centos 5.3 (rocks 5.2). I have encompassed ncarg installed and tested to work. The WFS 2.2.1 installed by means of achievement and tested to work.

It come into view CentOS 5 have encompassed and replace /usr/X11R6/lib64 by means of some additional other than so far the entire my additional application uses X11 work on /usr/lib64. I have completed some testing by replacing lib64 by means of lib and it returns a number of errors which I take for granted the path is valid. On the other hand when I built WPS2.2 (the value for ncarg_lib in configure.wps) I got the subsequent error. I am not quite certain by means of the suggestion change -lg2c to /usr/lib/libg2c.so.0.0.0 (note no -l). I tried by means of -L/usr/lib64/libg2c.so.0.0.0 in addition /usr/lib64/libg2c.so.0.0.0 together by means of and without parameter of -lg2c but it return by means of additional errors.

I tried penetrating from side to side centos site (5.3) and administer to position compat-gcc-34 which include libg2c.a on the other hand when I trigger the command by means of this library, it goes to gfortran compiler as an alternative of PGI. And of itinerary it failed as my organize.wps is configure by means of PGI parameter. By probability anybody has encompassed a solution for this. This is strange. -lg2c is a gfortran to c converter. Additional than if you are using PGI why is this flag coming.

I was told libg2c.a was an indication of g77, where it rehabilitated from f77 to C, and then the libg2c.a covered the FORTRAN rtl. It's give the impression of being a bit strange in view of the fact that I have organize the whole thing to run by means of PGI compiler. So I would take for granted it give the impression of being for libf2c.a which I have encompassed and generated a link pointing to the compat-libf2c-34 output files. Additional than when I accumulate, I got the subsequent error. It invoke pgf90 and the error by means of lg2c determine to be disappeared if I generate by means of link with libg2c.a to it (of course by means of this it determine to generate additional errors).

I beg your pardon if this subject has previously been reviewed. So, setup for together WRF and WPS went attractive well (I take for granted). In the organize script for WRF, I picked gfortran + gcc compilers, then fundamental. For WPS, I picked g95 (it does not recommend me gfortran this time). I do not get the exe in together cases. The compiler tells me there are a number of modules missing: I consideration it was almost certainly a wrong path in my configure.wrf additional than tranquil I cannot locate the modules by means of a locate command.

I became aware of that WRF necessitate netcdf 3 and not netcdf 4 so I recompiled netcdf 3.6. At present I do not get the similar errors during the WRF accumulate. I get 2 fatal errors even though, one related to "module_ext_internal.mod" and an additional one to "wrf_data.mod". Here are the consequent log entries: Fatal Error: not be able to open module file 'module_ext_internal.mod' for reading at no such file or directory.