Thread: Error reading file in fortran

Error reading file in fortran

Hello,
    I have a little problem reading the file, my program open a file of the form:
    2 0.00 ...
    5 0.23 ...
    10 0.333

I then put these values in tables

read (12, *)
    do i = 1, line - 1.1
    write (*,*) u (i), v (i)
    end do

and as I get the error message:
    Code:
    "Fortran runtime error End of file"
    Here I do not really know how to fix it. Please help me with this. Thank you.

Re: Error reading file in fortran

Fortran is very very far for me but I wonder if after counting the records should not close the file and reopen it, the order read (12, *) of the second loop arriving the eof. If you are not clear with the basics of the language then I recommend you to read the input output functions .

Here is my code
    Code:
    if (ok = 0) then 
    write (*,*) 'Error 1 file xko.dat' 
    stop 
    end if 

do while (ok == 0)! loop to count the number of online file 
    read (12, *, iostat = ok) 
    if (ok == 0) line = line + 1 

end do 
    write (*,*) 'number line', line 

rewind (unit = 12, iostat = ok) ! repositioning at the beginning of the file for reading 
    if (ok = 0) then 
    write (*,*) 'error 2 file xko.dat' 
    stop 
    end if
    Please check where I am wrong and correct me.

Check out this part of the code

read (12, *)
    do i = 1, line 1
    write (*,*) u (i), v (i)
    end do

You read the file is not the result is nowhere you can display variables on Console we even know where they have been initialized. So, it does not surprise me that you write anything.

IOSTAT sets The Value of iostat to-1 if end-of-file IS Encountered, to -2 if end-of-year record IS Encountered, and to the run-time error number (a positive integer) year if error occurs. (See Run-time Error Messages for a list of error numbers and Their Meaning.) If none of conditions OCCURS thesis, iostat IS set to 0. IOSTAT Can Be Used With Any I / O EXCEPT PRINT statement.

iostat
    (Output) Default integer (INTEGER (4) UNLESS changed by The User). Zero if no error rolling stock, a negative integer if year end-of-file record Encountered IS, Or The Number Of The error message. See Errors, End-of-File and End-of-Record Handling (= IOSTAT, ERR =, END =, EOR =). I guess I am correct here.

Up to this point it was assumed that all output is on the screen, and all input - the keyboard. Consider the program of calculation of complex engineering products (eg, LA). The input data for it are dozens of parameters, output - several thousand. If you want to calculate with the help of this program are different versions of the product will need to run the program several times, each time the keyboard, all input data, although the change only 1-2 parameters. In order to avoid unnecessary work, it is enough to keep somewhere the input data and when the program starts to indicate where to get the data. That place could be a file store. File - is a collection of information related to a task that is stored in a logical one place. The actual location of data in the file depends on the OS. In Fortran-e has the ability to save data to a file and read from a file. This file should be opened and "connect" with a certain number of your device. This is historical - before commissioning was carried out with external devices with different numbers, inserting in them the deck of punched cards. Now the files are stored on magnetic media - disk, tape or in memory.

Operator open (12, FILE = 'result') "opens" the file named 'result' , and allows further write to it or read of him referring to the number (12). Programmer sets the number at random. write (12, *) produces output to an open file, enter the number in parentheses. close (12) closes the file, ie program will not be after the close contact to the content file will not open again until its operator open. If the program needs to read information from the file must use the input statement READ, again in parentheses instead of the first stars of an open file number, for example:

Code:
    READ (12, *) a, b, c