Thread: How to compile QT projects under Mac

How to compile QT projects under Mac

Hello,
    I needed help to compile a project with Qt project under mac with command line. Can anyone give me the procedure? because Qt Designer does not start and method does not compile under mac using C + +. So, any kind of help is appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: How to compile QT projects under Mac

QtDesigner is for the GUI. With Xcode, once you've done the hand to do with Qt open your console was: cd or your record is your plan, then did: qmake-project & & qmake-spec macx xcode. If you use it you can replace xcode: qmake-project & & qmake-spec-xcode macx by qmake-project & & qmake-spec macx-g++. With xcode post by clicking on the window it will reload the project and now. Then you make a Built & Run (icon in xode)

Are you sure that you have to compile Qt? I know but there is a framework QTkit.framework, maybe that's enough (Again I do not know I have my point of views.) I had once tried this, I entered the command lines, after I opened the project with xCode, and it said that the files were not included. So, you can just give a try to it.

But when I do that, I create an xcode project file and then I can use the program and compiled with xcode without worries. And you try to tell him where was the Qt framework. When Qt is installed in the default folder that the installer create Qt. Otherwise there is a Mac installer with all inside. But in any case I do so. For example when I get a source and I want to have with xcode I do that and so I have my xcode project. From there I normally use the function of Built & Run. But when installing Qt I left the default path chosen installer, will this damage my project files?

The trouble may be just because you on a PowerPC and not Intel (to check, while the top left of your screen Apple -> About and it will write it). If you are under PPC in this case you must download a special version of QT, namely the Carbon version and not the Cocoa version, which is the only one to pass on Intel (it's quite annoying to find on the site which is pretty lousy on that side so I have no link handy, but it is.) Once you've downloaded, you install the normally, it will rewrite the code that show.
    Then, compile, you must do in the Terminal:

Code:
    qmake-project
    qmake-spec macx-g + +
    It will make you your Makefile, only one is generated for Intel, if you're under PPC, it is necessary that you open up your Makefile with a traditional text editor, and you do research and Replacement of i386. You close the Makefile

Terminal:
    Code:
    make
    And now, it is quite impractical, but this works, I found no better solution to this day.

None of the solutions proposed do not work! the project file is a. xCodeproj, whereas with my 2.0 is still xCode. xcode. I change the extension, it opens but I say there is "internal error'. Console is not much better.

You turn on SL and xcode 3.1? Because under xcode 3.1 SL and its march towards me. Otherwise your xcode updates. Qt you have installed it with installer? You have the latest version? (4.6)

SL => Snow Leopard

Indeed if you are running Tiger's must change a lot of things, and therefore responds to your problem, at least that's what it was not going.

This code is for when you do not use xcode
    Code: Console - Electioneer
    qmake-project qmake-spec macx-g + +

If you use xcode should do:
    Code: Console - Electioneer
    qmake-project qmake-spec-macx xcode
    At least for the latter you create a project file xcode.

But you tell me maybe Tiger qmake-project & & qmake-spec macx-g + + you CRER Project xcode but I doubt it.

For the makefile, you both will create, indeed qmake and qmake-project & spec macx xcode- build as a makefile, is just the xcode project file and more.