Thread: How well is supported TBB in Visual Studio 2005

How well is supported TBB in Visual Studio 2005

Impressive has been bugging me ever in view of the fact that the launch event for VS2005. I have comprised and been waiting for MS to do amazing regarding it as well as penetrating out a hack to solve the tribulations. The entire to no avail. So "What is this tribulation" here. Well, it’s the Tabs in the most important code editor window for VS2K5. They are backwards, preposterously backwards even. It’s not logical to have innovative tabs opening alongside the far left edge of the tab row. This does two things that create me less industrious.

Re: How well is supported TBB in Visual Studio 2005

This has exasperated be a lot in addition. The backwards behavior and the information that you not be able to have a two row tab-list. Or several numeral of rows even. It’s extremely annoying. Also it would be pleasant to be capable to have encompassed an alternative to permit the tabs to shorten the file titles similar to “CPhysicalO…” if one would prefer that. I have the same opinion. I have been developing in Windows using Microsoft development tools in view of the fact that the Programmer’s Workbench days, and I encompass to say that VS 2005 was a big step backward in many ways.

The first is with the intention of is shifts the entire the tabs I had been clicking from side to side previous to one situation to the right. That means I have comprised to re-learn where the code windows at the same time as trying to essentially get work completed. As I often close code windows occasionally when done by means of them this causes my tabs to be going the entire in excess of the place. The second is that this means I encompass to go to the far edge of the screen (literally across the complete screen) to shift the innovative tab to an additional normal position. This highly annoying behavior be able to be a real pain when you are trying to run hurriedly and still maintain some UI sanity.

The innovative tab behavior is actually counterproductive and irritating. This one is almost certainly from the similar group of HF “experts” that came up by means of hiding items on menus. I often end up immediately closing the whole thing and then re-opening the files I desire (or at least physically re-ordering tabs).

I used to make use of Ctrl+Tab to speedily cycle through open files. I might sometimes utilize it to spot the dissimilarity in similar files. At present I have to utilize Ctrl+F6, which requires that I shift my left hand and stretch connecting thumb and middle finger to accomplish. Result: lower productivity.

Who let this fixation out the door without sufficiently testing “Replace in Files”. When I utilize tagged expressions in my replace string, VS intermittently “eats” a character in the replaced string. If I not be able to “trust” this thing, then I not be able to “use” this thing, and I used to utilize it attractive much continuously.

My coworkers previously create fun of me for being a Java hippy, and for shifting my explanation Explorer and additional comparable windows to the left side, so I was frightened to ask them how to stop creating the tabs open backwards! I am glad it’s not presently me. I have seen no mention anyplace of a pending patch or bring up to date of several kind from Microsoft. Did they shift the entire of these people in excess of to Vista or what.

Totally agree in addition annoyed by means of a number of property windows being non-resizable (e.g. alternative. In SQL management studio they did not even create keyboard shortcuts customizable. So numerous diminutive and simple to fix things that create life complicated for developers and that paying that to a great extent for these tools. I consideration it was terrible too, until I realized why it is superior. I be able to have my running files open and work by means of them. If I necessitate peeking in a file, and then hurriedly closing it, I be familiar with innovative files determine to be to the left.

They tried to create aptitude even smarter by demonstrating up as you start typing an object’s name to a certain extent than popping up on one occasion you press period. Extremely annoying for the reason that on one occasion you press space key it spells what it consideration you were typing and 9 times out of 10 it’s wrong. So at present I encompass to press ESC each time it’s wrong and there is no alternative to turn it off except to turn off AutoList Members the entire together, additional than it is desirable to expand effectively.