Thread: Intel Parallel Studio + Intel C++ Compiler Professional Edition for Linux

Intel Parallel Studio + Intel C++ Compiler Professional Edition for Linux

Hello frend! I am making an application that requires being scalable. I have taken all cores I have. Now I want to decide what to buy but I have some doubts in my mind. I want that my application must work in windows and as well as in Linux also and I need to use TBB. I will use visual studio to make this application. And will also use Parallel Studio to get the most of that gear that help me to discover troubles, but at the end, my application is going to work in Linux in which it run faster. Therefore, my question is Parallel Studion comprise Intel Intel Compiler and TBB but I suppose it is only for windows isn’t it? Therefore, I have to purchase Intel C++ Compiler for Linux that include TBB as well isn’t it? Thanks a lot.

re: Intel Parallel Studio + Intel C++ Compiler Professional Edition for Linux

Nice application you are developing dear. I hope you will get success as soon as possible. I have also used that Visual studio 2008 for .NET and I have made lots of web application. But your case is different I think so are planning for scalable window application that you want to run on Linux and windows also. In Linux, I think you are asking to use the Intel C++ compiler with TBB. If you require to test your application then you can you use Intel tools such as Vtune,thread checker,thread profile,and these tools all have linux version.

I am here to give small help (about their version) to Intel C++ compiler client that how to use TBB to thread application and making application with Intel C++ Compiler. They support Windows, Linux & Mac OS. You can also use Intel C++ Compiler 10.1v to get latest support from this compiler. Here you will get one free month trial after 30 days you have to pay money for this. The latest TBB 2.0 release but you can download free from its website.

I am also familiar with Parallel Studion comprise Intel Compiler to develop scalable applications. Right now I am using the Intel C++ Compiler pro and its working fine. Now I am looking to use Full Parallel studio package and I got some news about it that’s its works very good. But I am still feel hesitation to use it. I have some question that what compiler is actually include in Intel Parallel Composer? Are there still any profits from the Intel C++ compiler Pro? (Except the libraries provided)

I do not have enough knowledge of Compiler and Composer as my friends have. But I will advise thinking through when bearing in mind swapping from Compiler Pro to Composer. Composer has good features like being a part of Parallel Studio, latest OpenMP run time fine supported by Amplifier, Parallel Debugger Extension, and integrated IPP and TBB libraries. However, you may ignore some advanced features of Compiler Pro in this matter. I would like to know the full list of them as well. I hope you should go further to use advance version because it has more feature and latest information about available hardwares.

Parallel Composer enclose the similar compiler as Compiler Pro 11.1 but it does not have few of the advanced optimization ability in Compiler Pro, such as profile-guided optimization and little fine-tuning, performance switches. Also, Compiler Pro contains the Math Kernel Library. As far as binary compatibility and Visual Studio integration, they are similar. Parallel Studio is embattled to developers bring parallelism to customer applications, while it may proffer capabilities of interest to other developers. Compiler Pro, VTune, and Thread Checker are targeted to developers familiar with parallelism, who are interested in maximizing performance, who have development needs on Windows, Linux* and/or Mac* OS X, who do development in C, C++ and/or Fortran, and who develop on or for IA-32, Intel 64 and IA-64 (Itanium 2 processors) architectures.

Re: Intel Parallel Studio + Intel C++ Compiler Professional Edition for Linux

There are not a lot of supplies. You require a running Internet connection on your computer/laptop. Now like any browser will work. The executable should be 32-bit/64-bit C/C++, C# or Fortran build for Windows XP* or Vista* and should be lesser than 20MB. Although you can examination scalability of your C#/Fortran application with our service, only C/C++ applications can be further analyzed with all features similar to the Intel® Parallel Amplifier report linking capability. If you depend on any libraries, you require to statically linking them into your executable. It’s extremely optional that you build your application as a let go build since a debug build may skew the results. When submitting a job for analysis, users can provide arguments required for proper application execution but the application must run without user-interaction.

I have no doubt about this entire Intel compiler because I am not using them yet. My difficulty is with my new version Visual Studio 2008. I have read lots of thread on internet that people having debugging difficulty with visual studio. My difficulty is that my VS 2008 is not loading symbol file while VS 2005 got loaded. This difficulty is resulting that debugging are not working, when it was before, such as for the same source code Debug.Writeline("text here") with the same using declaration, as before when it worked. However, with VS2008 the Breakpoints and QuickWatch are working as before, which is fortunate. My computer configuration includes standalone x86 running windows XP pro. Is anybody has help plz provide me

I have one solution for your problem may be it will help you. When you try to install your visual studio just chose custom installation. Now its very late to do custom installation on your machine. Placing 'http://referencesource.microsoft.com/symbols' in the right path below tools /options and follow the orders and make enable symbol server support. I hope it will work online and will restore your sybol on VS 2008. Just try it and let me know

Above solution seems very awkward to me. I one more idea for this kind of problem is to uninstall all previous version of VS 2005. You uninstall al the previous version and now also uninstall your latest version and again put your visual studio 2008 DVD in COMOBO drive to install it again. When you will put it inside you will get one screen where computer will ask you that which type of installation you want. Click on the custom installation and chose all the available option to install on your machine. It will solve your problem without server help.