Thread: Firefox 3 full page zoom from javascript

Firefox 3 full page zoom from javascript

I have installed Mozilla Firefox on my windows vista machine and i have was wondering if it would have been possible to zoom only the text portion of the webpage by using some kind of javascript. Is there anybody who is zooming their webpages by using the script. It would be much better as compare to the zooming the whole page's content.

Re: Firefox 3 full page zoom from javascript

The full page zoom (or fullZoom) is a new feature that will probably be available in Firefox 3. It can be used in the current trunk builds since version 1.9a7. Although there are currently no visible user interface, it is possible to use JavaScript and the interface XPCOM nsIMarkupDocumentViewer. I recommend you to use the same one.

1. If you just want to zoom text, in the View menu, select Zoom and mark Zoom Text Only.
    2. Firefox 3 remembers what zoom level you used for viewing pages in a domain and will automatically zoom them the next time you visit any page in the same domain. If you prefer Firefox not to remember it:
    • In the location bar, enter about:config to access the advanced preferences.
    • Look for browser.zoom.siteSpecific and double click it to set it to false.

I suggest you to search for some tools which helps you to zoom the webpqage in a manner in which you want. But make sure that you are downloading such tools from well known website as it might happen that the tool which you download could have any kind of virus. Your system might get infected by it which may result in any serious manner.

For you to realize the true difference in the zoom tool on Firefox 3 and in previous versions, we could not stop us from doing the traditional Before / After Makeover own emissions. For you to realize the true difference in the zoom tool on Firefox 3 and in previous versions, we could not stop us from doing the traditional Before / After Makeover own emissions. Use the new Zoom Firefox 3 is just as easy as in previous versions. To increase the size of the web page you visit, do the keyboard shortcut Control + +. To reduce the size of the webpage that you visit, this time make the keyboard shortcut Control + -. Returning to the original size of the web page, just make the keyboard shortcut Control + 0.