Thread: Change FireFox proxy setting programmatically

Change FireFox proxy setting programmatically

I am using the Dell laptop which i am using in between the home and the work. I am usual to enable the proxy setting for both the browser which i have installed on my laptop, namely Firefox and Internet Explorer. Now the problem is that i need to change the proxy setting even for location at my work place so it becomes bit boring. I have tried writing the program in the Java for changing the proxy automatically and it has worked with an internet explorer but does not seems to be okay with the firefox. Actually i am messing with prefs.js file of firefox in order to handle proxy setting. It overwrites it without noticing the change. Please help me to change it properly like an IE.

Re: Change FireFox proxy setting programmatically

Updated java plugins in firefox. Indeed firefox awaiting authentication client proxy without opening a popup. Otherwise tell firefox plugin finder service waits and turns in the void. I wanted to know if there was a way to force a proxy authentication by forcing the opening of the popup. I guess there would some way to do it in this way, you may try it.

FoxyProxy is an advanced proxy management tool that completely replaces Firefox's limited proxying capabilities. It offers more features than SwitchProxy, ProxyButton, QuickProxy, xyzproxy, ProxyTex, TorButton, etc. I suggest you to use this add on with your firefox and then you may tweak it on firefox just to control this tool. Not much as further things will be done by add on itself.

FoxyProxy is a plugin for Firefox, official and free, which allows the use of proxy or proxy servers in one click.The advantage of this extension is that it creates a proxy list and Permutt between each proxy with one click. You just go for a proxy list, which takes about 30 seconds with google (search "proxy" or "proxy list") or by going directly to sites such as dereference. This method provides a level of use varies anoymat you want to do on the web, because we choose any level of anonymity by proxy which you want to go.

Finest technique to accomplish it would be to create a second copy of pac files and rename it to a wpad.dat file. Then generate a dns wpad record (its just a record called wpad. Its points to the wpad file. When you set your browser to auto config then it would be checking dns for the wpad file and then will set the proxy according to it. This style is very much helpful for laptop users. The dns option is most excellent since it works on win xp and w2k. I don't think the dhcp option works with win2k.