Thread: DirectX Wallpaper mode for Vista Home Premium 32 bit

DirectX Wallpaper mode for Vista Home Premium 32 bit

Hello friends! I am using VLC 0.9.4 and I was attempting to use the DirectX Wallpaper mode in VLC. Right now I am presently running windows VISTA Home Premium 32 bit with SP1 and the 177.24 Nvidia GeForce Forceware drivers for Windows Vista. The all things are good from me except that VLC problem. That mode which I want to see on my machine has been greyed out also consider that it is enable in the advanced system preferences and will not let me choice it. I am actually require the particular feature to work on my computer. Is theer is any way to do this? Am I making any mistake in any preference? Plz help me

Re: DirectX Wallpaper mode for Vista Home Premium 32 bit

I faced this same problem for very long time and I call to service live help of vista and they explained me to these settings and they made my problem completely solved. In my information, win vista with Aero in not compatible with wallpaper. But wallpaper must work fine, just make disable AERO. You have to make some change in the video o/p module to DirectX but remember one thing this change is not with DirectX 3D.

Hey thanks to you dud I got able to solve my problem. But still there is some little bit problem but I think I can solve them by goggling or from Microsoft forum. I have only one wish that it should display earlier because it got slow down extremely when I made it to just Direct X. I hope this is not a big issue. May Google will help me for this if it possible to make it faster.
    Thanks again buddy!

Hi everybody here! I am using windows XP on my HP laptop. Actually the main reason to come here is that I am also facing the same problem which has been explained above. My problem is also with using DirectX wallpaper in windows XP professional. My screen turns black. I have got the wallpaper mode was working but when the video loops for IInd time, my background also goes to black. I really get frustration from it. Please if someone has any idea then plz tells me

I have some more questions on your last query asked for windows XP. Do you keep you VLC of front for all time, or you keep it minimize in the background? Please minimize it to the background if it is not there. It will surely work fine apart from a split 2nd of blackness when the loops get start over. But one problem you can face there that if you will keep I to the bottom of the desktop, it will only loops for one time and then goes to an all black desktop.

I hope some other version like VLC 1.0.0 can help us to have better VOU recycle, so I feel that video will not vanish any more when further playlist item will come up to get play. But you know I was wrong. This problem is still licking my mind. I will lie if it can have continuously looping video background has. And also tell me that is there any chance to make it hide or minimize that it just display in try items? If someone has any solid idea then plz tell me here

hey all of you making the same problem question again and again I found the solution for it. May it will also solve your problem. I made some settings with my device and everything is fine now:
    first you go to tools menu and then select preferences and then 2ndly under video TAB chose the output to directx video output and you have made the solution of this irritating problem.