Thread: Ajax is programming language or is it technique?

Ajax is programming language or is it technique?

I am a first year computer science student and I want to be a web designer. I have started learning web based programming. But I am little beat confused. I want to know that which web based language is the best and I should to learn. Some of my friend told me to go for the ASP classic and PHP web based languages. Also help me to clear that AJAX is a language or it is a technology. Please suggest me in regarding this.

Re: Ajax is programming language or is it technique?

Active Server Pages (ASP)is also known as ASP Classic. It was Microsoft's first server-side script-engine for dynamically-generated web pages. It was subsequently included as a free component of Windows Server (since the initial release of Windows 2000 Server). ASP.NET has superseded ASP. IT also a good language to learn for creating the websites.
    PHP: Hypertext Preprocessed is a widely used, general-purpose scripting language that was originally designed for web development to produce dynamic web pages. Both are useful as the web based languages.

Asp and PHP both are the web based languages which are used to develop the web sties and there are many more languages to which you have to be familiar with. You can go to any of the languages which your friends have told you. These are too one of the best language to be learn.and Ajax is a language related to JAVA scripting.It is not a technology.

PHP is stands for Hypertext Preprocessor. It originally stood for Personal Home Page, but was renamed when the language fell into common use on the web. Active Server Pages (ASP) ASP Classic used for dynamically-generated web pages. many other languages are there to learn are as follows:
    • .NET Framework
    • ASP.NET
    • C#
    • Visual Basic .NET
    • Web Services

PHP and ASP CLASSIC both are the web based languages which are used to develop the web sites . Ajax stands for Asynchronous JavaScript and XML.It has a group of Web developing techniques. Ajax combines many languages like JavaScript, XML, dynamic HTML. You can learn more language for you convenience which makes you more active in web desinig are:
    • CCI (Common Client Interface)
    • CGI (Common Gateway Interface)
    • HTML
    • SGML and many more