Thread: Install GD Library for php

Install GD Library for php

Hello,
    I would like to have on my local server (Xitami v2.4d9) the GD library to run. Actually, this can not be that hard because I have PHP 4.3.1 and supposedly I have only the lines from php.ini
    extension = php_gd.dll
    extension = php_gd2.dll

Unfortunately, this only has the consequence that the error:
    'Unable to load dynamic library'. / Php_gd.dll '- The specified module could not be found

This also happens after a reboot of the server. Can you please help me with this. Thank you.

Re: Install GD Library for php

Try some thing like this

; Extension = php_gd.dll
    extension = php_gd2.dll

I mean really, that should be sufficient php_gd2.dll ... So check it out out and tell whether it still is an error or not - if not then you write a PHP script with the times you test the GD functions.

The file php_gd2.dll can not be found? Then the above post will not work for you, then you have until you get the time yet php_gd2.dll. According to the PHP Manual would you have to recompile PHP with the - with-gd what Windows is somewhat problematic. The easiest way would be if you look at the. Dll from another fetch packet file - in XAMPP is a while. Which you must then you just slide into your extensions directory (which could be called as external as well). To find the directory, but such views to others. Dll files that are loaded in php.ini.

On my machine I can not find which is the file php_*. dll, no php.ini loads. dlls, because all. dlls are commented out. How this can be really - I thought, this is all inclusive since PHP 4.3.0. Therefore, I can find no list. With XAMPP I could not. dll find some, I need to install the package for it? Any more help regarding this topic is appreciated. Thank you.

From where did you download the PHP version? Was this Xitami Web server package? Then it might be natural that this is a somewhat scaled-version. Otherwise, you wait a minute lad the zip package from php.net and look directly down to you the content of times. I actually thought the fact that you look at the. Zip file are downloading, you as the. The dll file and synced to your existing extensions directory - because of this so you do not, however, have (what did you do at all because of PHP?) It would be probably the best (or I would do in your place) to forget that PHP and PHP installation again to reinstall itself. I would be the way to another Web server use - ie the Apaches, but maybe you've got good reasons to use Xitami.

Hello,
    In theory it ought to be possible by hand to create an extensions directory and the right?

Unfortunately, the attempt fails
    - 1st On ignorance if this is at all useful
    - 2nd On ignorance, which list would be for the root directory (as a choice stood \ PHP or \ Windows or?)
    - 3rd The unwillingness to uninstall my current php version because it still runs really great and I usually do not get rid of the suspicion that I might install the 'minimal' or might have clicked something like ...

Is there
    1st One reason why this can not work?
    2nd One way to track down the root directory?
    3rd One way to update my current PHP version?

Thank you again for the help