Thread: Software to create game

Software to create game

Hello,
    I am a java programmer and I would like to know if I can create game in java. Also, if it is not possible with java, then can you recommend me some of the software that are used to create games. I have no knowledge about any programming language other that java, so I think if you can recommend me an software for creating game it would be great, also if you can explain more about, how to create games, it would be awesome for me. Thank you.

Re: Software to create game

Game design has never been easier than today, where you can create the games of your dreams with game design software. Game Editor is one of the most popular game design programs. Little or no programming or technical knowledge is required to use this software. With Game Editor there is no need to worry about system issues or compatibility, you just come with ideas for games. With systems do not worry about questions, you can create your game with a few clicks, create the game-design software, an executable file for Windows, Pocket PC / Windows Mobile and Linux. You need to just create your game and then export it to Windows, Pocket PC and Linux. The game looks the same in all platforms. With the game-design software to manipulate the parts of the game, as required. You build a game prototype, which has graphics and sound, with minimal programming.

Yes I agree to the above post and would like to add some more information about the same, it is because the game-design software has a number of predefined actions, where every case, fires one or more actions. Once the game is defined with the game-design software, play test the game and look to see the games and get to the feeling before the last game concept. With game-design software, you can use your own images, animations, music and sounds in the game product. This is because it supports almost all video and audio formats. Some of the game design software has no license fee issues. Anyone can create games with the software and then selling the games. There are some specific sites that you can sell to play with the game design software created by them.

Game Maker :

Game Maker is a software application written by Mark Overmars in Delphi programming language. The primary interface for the creation of games is via an object-oriented drag-and-drop system, allowing users unfamiliar with traditional programming to intuitively create games simply by organizing things visually on the screen. Users select a personally-created object and drop instances of these objects in the area of the game being worked on, and Game Maker automatically applies any global effects to that instance of the object. To extend the drag-and-drop functionality of Game Maker, users can use files called Libraries to add new drag-and-drop items known as Actions to the lists. These can be created with a special library builder.

Features in Game Maker 7:
    - A new extension mechanism, making it possible to extend the functionality of Game Maker in many different ways. (Pro Edition Only)
    - Splash screens now support animated pictures
    - Solved security issues
    - Windows Vista compatibility
    - No additional system requirements than Game Maker 6
    - Many other small additions and bug corrections (as outlined here in the "Bugs corrected in the newest version" section)
    - Version 7.0 is mostly backwards compatible with version 6.x project files except for some minor changes in the newer version such as room transitions. Version 7 will also open version 6.x project files that were previous marked as corrupt.
    - Registered users are not required to purchase a new license to upgrade to Version 7 Pro Edition; however users may need to obtain a new registration key. There are no guarantees that a user's registration license will be valid for future versions of Game Maker after 7.0.
    - "Registered" version of Game Maker has been changed to "Pro" version
    - Create extensions for Game Maker including action libraries, DLLs, and Game Maker Language(GML) scripts using the extension builder found on the Game Maker website.
    - Encryption of version 7.x project files

The program is designed to allow its users to easily develop computer games without having to learn a complex programming language such as C++ or Java. For experienced users, Game Maker contains a built-in scripting programming language called the "Game Maker Language (GML)", allowing the user to further customize their game and expand features. Games can be distributed under any license (including no license), in non-editable executable ".exe" files or as the .gm6 (Version 6.x), .gmk (Version 7.x) and .gmd (Version 4.x, 5.x) (source code) file itself. Users of Game Maker are allowed to sell creations as long as no copyrighted material is included without the copyright holder's permission (images, sounds, etc.)

Name Maker is becoming more widely known and used, with many sub-communities, such as 64Digits[2] and Games Showcase[3], among many others. It has attracted a substantial number of users; mainly because of the program's accessibility to beginners while still allowing complex tasks to be undertaken by more advanced users. It is not as narrow in game creation as some other programs, as it allows the creation of many types of games, including platform games, first-person shooters, third-person shooters, massively multiplayer online games and simulation games. Game Maker is fully capable of creating standard programs as well, making it a very versatile development platform.