Thread: .NET & Java Web Services

.NET & Java Web Services

I'm interested, as for so the experience with Web services, which are used by DotNet and Java. From September, I am writing my thesis on this subject. A major part is that I use JAX-WS and WSIT implemented a web service. My experience in this field to show me that has been struggling with JAX-WS 2.0 very much. The almost like EJB 3.0 with its annotations, etc. (in short, very simplified). In addition to the philosophy of the Enterprise a second interesting part (for me), the development of a Bi-Directional WAS. Since the event is already available product controlled. This means that each client who signs up, even in must be able to receive events. Since not all work the way also the possibility for a kind of polling will be offered. For this area I would appreciate very much about ideas. So please post me more information about the topic.!!

Re: .NET & Java Web Services

This is the listener principle also clear to me. Actually one is not in the repertoire (right?: D) a Werbservices. However, belongs to the "specification". The software also offers other interfaces such as RMI, Java Content Repository, etc. Is missing here, only the quasi access via a web service. The software moves in the ECM and DMS area. The client would speak to archive the document / delete / change, etc. While working, it may happen that the server throws events which have occurred through changes to the document. I also think that the web service with more polling functionality is used.

Does anyone with the pseudo-CallByReference of JAX-WS? I know that it is a Class Data Holder, with which one can reach the well. However, I do not know if you could possibly reach the listener principle. (Proof of concept has not yet). The thing I like most in JAX-WS 2.0 or 2.1, that we have now stateful Web services. I know that the guarantee is a point where many cry. But one should also allow new approaches and test.

In addition to the philosophy of the Enterprise Archtiketuren WAS is a second interesting part (for me), the development of a Bi-Directional. Since the event is already available product controlled. This means that each client who signs up, even in the must be able to receive events.
    It is because many clients are behind firewalls that approach might be a nice idea, but not very practical. I do not know what the admin says, if all holes are drilled in his defense. and then negotiate the best yet dynamic ports.

This is an approach with the holes, but I can not open a instance of Java 6 endpoint. This endpoint is nothing but a light weight http server. I thought this must be open, but that is not port 80? If I want to make it complicated, then I could implement the listener principle differently. How about REST? The advantage would be that I am the client does not require, as it has put the listener. It should take care only to listen to the "" to the URLs. Another advantage would be that the one to use with PHP, etc. Disadvantage would be that I could not publish interface. but only if messages are sent, which are plain text easier, is not that complicated. I know that you could use an XML Schema as REST Interface. But why should I take to new technologies (JAX-WS 2.1) and then write it again in the XML file around.

Basically, since WSDL 1.1 alongside the mostly used one-way and Request-Response MEP (Message Exchange Pattern) is also solicit-response and notification MEP defined and supported by most frameworks. "Notification" to the Web Service at any time allows the client to send a message - not that this itself was actively implemented or polling. In the current Request-Response MEP is often overlooked is that there must be: not necessarily a synchronous message exchange. This may well be asynchronous, in which the client as a "lists" web service function calls, which he eventually replaced the "Notification" (answer). In the combination I know Axis2 Java and .NET 2.0/3.0, the code generators produce on both sides methods stubs for asynchronous use. For "long" scenarios, the ongoing involvement and support of WS-ReliableMessaging is necessary to force the successful transfer of messages, if the systems involved do not run continuously.

This is an asynchronous client can implement is quite aware. I also know how to translate this with JAX-WS. However, I have no idea how the server will notify a client. Because as far as I know, this is only one asynchronous message. This means that the client would have to every time it got an answer, ask the server again. It is not enough that it answers inquires one time and then the server asynchronously and over again on new events.

I had this approach already, but it was rejected prematurely. Whatever. I think I there yet so deeply stuck in the fabric. Because when I think about it carefully, because this represents a combination of both. In the polling I have the problem that I also request, if no information is available. That is, a very high overhead. In theory, that the client would have to implement a web service, this would already be a limitation. Since the beginning I would have to make a kind of hand-shake. The approach with the asynchronous retrieval would mitigate the overhead of polling. The advantage here is that with no further interest, the client can hear the "Cancel". I will think through this idea once.