Thread: How to send an automatic email in java?

How to send an automatic email in java?

Hello,
    I wonder if it's possible to send an email with file attachments (always the same with the same content) automatically several times and is addressed to a specific day of each month (eg the second day of each months to 10.30) and this in programming language Java. If you have any idea regarding this then please post back.

Re: How to send an automatic email in java?

In all cases, once you know how to send an email using Java, setting up your program is simple: you make a java program that sends your e-mail attachment with a list of contacts. Then, you still just run this program at some times of your day / year. To do this, you need to do a task "cron", which is the equivalent of a scheduled task under window which is to launch a program such as day time, and possibly repeat every x time.

Thank you for your answer, for now I have found the solution to send mail with attached pieces of a box to another, and it works very well, but I do not know how to send it automatically to a Date, whatever you want me codes sent my gmail. Any idea on this, please.

Since you do not give more details on how you send your emails, I can not can not help you. Seeking the next scheduled tasks to automatically, but it depends on how you send your emails. It does not work the same way if you use an email management software, if you use a simple program in C, Java or another.

I'm on a probation and they told me that the application used to send an automatic email with an attachment from excel which contains scorecards of staff to each division of the company and this every month in java language . and since I am novice to this language I can not find answers to what I am knowing that I use the server SMTP. I sent an email from a box to another, my is question how to do it every month automatically and launches the application program sends all alone and the tally sheets in different service.

How do you spear the program? You have to run from the command line I guess (it even certain). And in this case is what your program requires parameters to be used, if so, which? Finally, on what platform / OS are you working? Linux / Unix / Window? It's really easy, just make a script (shell, bash, according to the OS on which you work) can launch your program from the command line. Then, it remains to make a scheduled task with the utility provided by your OS, to run the script that you make every day at such an hour, or every X minutes / seconds / hours / days / months or years.

Here are some related discussions
    1) Problem in sending mail - java program
    2) Send Email With Java
    3) Validating Email in Java

scanner007 Guest

For this you need some third party tool.
    Create an exe file of your applcation.
    put a link inside ScheduleTask reside in Control Panel.
    Configure the property when you have to fire a event.
    Here as per you config a event fire and your application run
    that time your application check with current date to account create date and through a trigger it will send a message to the particular client,