Thread: Error in method Scanner.nextInt()

Error in method Scanner.nextInt()

Hello,
    I have the following problem, the method nextInt () of class acts java.util.Scanner not the way I expect this, Short cut in the program my problem is summarized.
    Code:
    import java.util.* ;
    class tst (public static void main (String [] args) 
    (scanner snc = new scanner (System.in); 
    while (true) (int x = 0; System.out.println ("Choose 1,2,3 "); 
    snc.nextLine String str = ();
     try (x = Integer.parseInt (str);) 
     catch (Exception e) (System.out.println (str +" Failure ");) 
     if ( x == 1) (System.out.println ("nerf");) if (x == 2) (System.out.println ("Please enter age"); 
     int j = snc.nextInt (); 
     system. out.println ("2");) if (x == 3) (System.out.println ("Exit") System.exit (0);))))
    I am getting any error in this code, but do no know why. Please help me with this. Thank you.

Re: Error in method Scanner.nextInt()

I do have a same problem, I know the one that nextInt the error I describe the cause but why? I now try again to describe my problem knee. I enter as the first one, then I have no problem Now when I enter 2, I am asked to input by the age of age he now jumps back to the beginning of grinding and was there again waiting for the selection, but that he does not, but immediately raises an error, Why? Exactly this behavior in the code, I do not understand because this is not really going to happen. When I type a number, the program I get an error. Please can anyone come up with this problem. Thank you.

Do you use Linux / UNIX? Then lies on the console. The review normally have to wait for the electricity that comes when LF. What helps, however you can find out here. Hopefully I've flown over the problem correctly.

No, I am using Windows XP, and whole is actually not much of a real problem, as I have already found one anyway Work around against the infinite loop, but I'm surprised this behavior because I have no explanation. But maybe I can make someone understand my exact problem.

o get around the whole we just have the catch block of nextInt () method of the command, the method sc.nextLine () call this then reads from the incorrect input and thus empties the buffer. and the next iteration does nextInt () method then returns to normal.

Code:
    import java.util; .* 
    class test (public static void main (String [] args) 
    (int a = 0; Scanner scnr = new Scanner (System.in); 
    bl boolean = false; do (bl = false; 
    system. out.println ("Enter your old one"); try (a = scnr.nextInt () / / <- here, if the incorrect input is made (eg a letter)) catch (InputMismatchException e) 
    (System.out. (e + "Please enter Numeric println"); 
    scnr.nextLine () / / <- this line would be without a broken input at both nextInt / / method an infinite loop resulting bl = true;)) while (bl);))

I also read true labs, have to say but variable, that I find it very difficult this behave much meaning. Yet if you do not read from System.in but otherwise?