Thread: Change the Sun Java Webconsole certificate

Change the Sun Java Webconsole certificate

I am running the Sun Java Web Console on my computer and currently using Solaris operating system. Recently I have renamed my computer and I want to know how to change the default SSL certificate that we can see at the time accessing the webconsole. Now I am going there, I am getting error message related to the certificate that is “unknown certifying authority”. Well the thing is that I am not really concerned about the self signed certificate but I am concerned about the wrong host name. In short I want to know how to change the Sun Java Webconsole certificate.

Re: Change the Sun Java Webconsole certificate

See the situation is that the webconsole keystore is generated automatically. You just need delete the previous config through the /usr/share/webconsole/private/bin/wcremove -i console and after that svcadm clear webconsole and then svcadm enable webconsole. If you have complete these things that the new keystore /var/webconsole/domains/console/conf/keystore.jks will be generated with the new hostname.

Sun Management Center supports Java Web Start the console. To start the Java Console Sun Management Center through Java Web Start, you must configure the console and server layers. Once the Setup has detected these two layers, the following tasks are addressed:
    • The JAR files in the client API included in the directory RÉPBASE / SUNWsymon / classes are copied and connected in REPBASE / SUNWsymon / web / console / lib.
    • The message files in the directory location SUNWsymon / lib / locale are combined into a JAR file and connected.
    • The JAR files in the directory RÉPBASE / SUNWsymon / apps / classes are combined into a JAR file and connected.

As far as I know the directory REPBASE / SUNWsymon / web / console / lib is the basic configuration of Java Web Start Sun Management Center. Normally the script generate the Java network Launch protocol run time through the use of directory, and using this as the directory for the web application web server. The setup utilizes the location and the organization that you have specified at the time of configuring the web console for creating the keystore for authenticating the certificates

Sun Java Web Console gives a common place for the user to work with the web applications. It can also be used to provide the access to the console, through the user connection through the HTTPS port, and also utilizing supported web browser. Since the console gives the single point for entry, there is no need to know the URLs for the different applications. One more thing console also provides the authentication and authorization for the application that are registered on the console.

You said that you are using Solaris operating system then you must know that the console server is designed to run the services that are managed SMF. So you are allowed to use the SMF command for managing the web server console through the Fault Managed Resource Identifier, identifier managed resource failure. If you want to start of stop the console server then you can use this command. "system / webconsole: console."

According to me you should use “wcadmin” that will allow you to change the console properties as per you requirements. You can also use this command for deploying and activating the application that is written for the latest version of console. Similar things can also be done through the use of “smreg”. Previously this command was used to save the application development in the previous version of console and then canceling their registration.