Thread: SSH and SFTP API for Java

SSH and SFTP API for Java

I am searching for a Java API which can be able to implements the SSH and SFTP protocols. I need this type of tool just because of transferring the files with the secured way across the internet (I know about the Mindterm's software but the lack of documentation creates the difficulties and making so much complexity to use this ). Does anybody have some idea about this ?

Re: SSH and SFTP API for Java

I am getting your point that you have some issue to use that but you know I am also one of the user of that and didn't got any complexity to use this for such type of task In case, if minderm seems so much complex for you to understand and use then mostly it will really consume so much time to build own implementation.

However, I have some suggestion for you but little bit lazy method to accomplish this task . You can take the help of native scp application to transfer your files. There is standard scp on unix platform and foe windows 32 you can issue the pscp from putty..

There is one more way dear in this series. JSch, which is one of the pure Java implementation of SSH2.It facilitates you to connect with an sshd server and can continue the procedure of port forwarding, such as X11 forwarding, file transfer and so many thing and you also can integrate the functionality of this into your written programs in java. JSch is licensed within the BSD style license.

Hi guys ! I would like to know whether java. sun.com come up with the SFTP API that is also accepts private-key (freeware version)? If not, then would you suggest me ..From where I can found the SFTP API. For example :Freeware where we can issue the private-key created by PUTTY . I am not sure and don't have any idea to use these two third party utilities jscape or j2ssh. I need to have freeware SFTP API. Please suggest me ..

I hope Secure FTP Factory can be helpful for you. Secure FTP Factory is a grouping configuration of Java dependent client components for exchanging data among the systems. Also Java FTP protocol , Java FTPS (FTP upon SSL), Java SFTP (FTP upon SSH) and Java SCP (Secure Copy upon SSH) components developers will appreciate the simple-to-use the API creating it possible to go for the exchanging of data with the help of few lines of code.
    DFI LANPARTY SLI-DR
    AMD 64 x2 4800+
    OCZ (2 x 512) DDR600

Has somebody tried the SFTP using anyother method to resolve this or found some other places? Actually, I am going to write a SFTP client (dependent on freeware API). I have tried the suggested place and it seems to be connecting to server. But according to the documentation, it does not discussed about the procedure to issue different commands. For instance : to explore the directory stuff, I have tried the following

Code:
    SFTPv3Client sftp = new SFTPv3Client(conn);
    Vector vect = sftp.ls("/dctm");
    System.out.println("vect.size = " + vect.size());

for (int lp = 0; lp < vect.size(); lp++)
    System.out.println(vect.get(lp));
    After executin the code above for printing out the vector, I received the

ch.ethz.ssh2.SFTPv3DirectoryEntry@1dd46f7

I am not sure about this and didn't got this before . Do you have some different freeware SFTP API's available?

It indicates that class hasn't overridden the specified function as Object.toString(). Therefore it in several cases, it has an API that you should be implementing instead of just going to try with the printing out all of the objects.