Thread: JDK Installation on Windows 7

JDK Installation on Windows 7

I have used java for years, but right now I got a new one system loaded with Windows 7 Home Premium, I am just unable to perform the installation of the JDK as for 32 and 64 bits. When I open the installer for starting the installation, the installation windows comes up with a message telling that its preparing the installation, with the "Next" button disabled.

Primarily, I thought that it was just going slow a little, so I left it to work, but time passed and it just doesn't get past this window. If someone have any idea which and what the component could be the cause for this issue then I would be really happy .

Thanks

Re: JDK Installation on Windows 7

I think that there is something you have to do with the Access control to get rid of this very issue . I am not sure that how to turn this off in 7, but since Windows vista, things are unable to be installed without performing some ridiculous rain dance or some other.

Funnily enough, when I purchased my Windows Vista installed laptop, the firewall tried to kick in and access control restricted this from functioning , thus skipping me more exposed to malware.

Hi eric , thanks for your quick reply , but this is very sad thing for me and I have switched off the access control as you stated in your post but still getting unable to perform the installation of the jdk, I continuously getting returned in the same situation, the wizard got freezes at the message as I already discussed about "...Setup is preparing the installation..." window. Do you have any more different suggestion of what could be happening in this case ?

According to your post , Just check out your account on which you are currently running on . Just check out that you are running with the limited access for your account or whatever. For installation of this one software on your system, you have to be the super user for that system and in case, if you are not running with those privileges then you can make yourself with the following way. Just try to right-click --> Run as Administrator. But before going to do that, install all available "important" updates for Windows 7 system.

Now, it 's getting so much difficult to solve this problem for me and I don't have any option to solve it out . As according to your suggestions, I configured my account again as system admin where as I was previously running with that privilege but checked out the privileges and used the method suggested by you as Run as admin and I have done this also but no luck at all. It still freezes, as you told , I have searched for the updates and installed them but running with the similar issue .Please help me to resolve it out ...please !!!!!

Dr. V Guest

You have to just start the whole procedure again and in order to do this, you should try to go for the re-downloading of the jdk because your recent one might be damaged for any system cause . There is one another thing that might be to launch it through the command prompt and try to find out that if it outputs any messages, but I am not completely sure about the functionality of Windows 7's command prompt method and steps to perform the installation as you might require to launch it as Administrator user. Also check for any previously installed Java components because there might be a collision with the installation setup.

Just go for the try to re-download and then after execute that again. I have just got a latest laptop at the time of theft of my previous one and didn't got any issues when performing the installation of jdk with no twiddling around and also there is no any configuration of previous settings.